Covenant Transportation Group: False Alarm An Opportunity
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Wed, Jun. 22, 12:42 PM
Tue, Jun. 21, 4:52 PM| Tue, Jun. 21, 4:52 PM | 1 Comment
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:18 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Thu, Apr. 7, 6:28 PM
- Truckload freight carriers fell sharply today after Stifel analysts downgraded several operators, saying they foresee weak pricing for long-haul trucking services for the rest of the year.
- Shares of most trucking companies have been rising since mid-January, but several trucking industry research groups have said capacity in the market remains relatively plentiful, giving shipping customers more leverage.
- Shares of USA Truck (NASDAQ:USAK), which was cut to Sell from Hold ended -11.1%; Hub Group (HUBG -4.6%), Marten Transport (MRTN -6%) and Universal Truckload (UACL -5.2%) were downgraded to Hold from Buy.
- Other stocks in the sector also fell, including KNX -2.4%, SWFT -3.8%, WERN -2.5%, HTLD -1.8%, CVTI -3.6%, RRTS -2.8% and CGI -2.1%.
- Now read Caution raised on the trucking sector by Avondale Partners
Mon, Mar. 14, 1:20 PM
- Avondale Partners sees a tough road to higher earnings for the trucking sector due largely to deteriorating macro factors.
- New capacity coming online just as demand weakens doesn't bode well for pricing, according to the boutique investment firm.
- Cautions is raised on Swift Transportation (SWFT -3.7%), Celadon Group (CGI -5.4%), Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI -8.3%), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT +0.2%), Knight Transportation (KNX -3%), Marten Transport (MRTN -0.1%), USA Truck (USAK -0.6%), and Werner Enterprises (WERN -3.2%).
Mon, Jan. 25, 4:03 PM
Sun, Jan. 24, 5:35 PM
Dec. 17, 2015, 4:58 PM
- Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) -9% AH after cutting Q4 earnings guidance below consensus, now seeing EPS of $0.31-$0.33 vs. $0.37 analyst consensus estimate and below its prior outlook for $0.36-$0.38.
- KNX says Q4 volumes remain similar to 2014, but that it as experienced significantly fewer non-contract opportunities, resulting in revenue per total mile trending lower than originally expected which hurt EPS by $0.03-$0.04.
- Trucking peers: ODFL, YRCW, UACL, HTLD, RRTS, CGI, WERN, CVTI, MRTN, LSTR, SWFT, USAK, R, JBHT.
Dec. 10, 2015, 10:10 AM
- Universal Truckload Services (UACL +2.1%) is higher in early trading after starting off the day at a 52-week.
- The pickup in share price coincides with a broad rally in trucking stocks today as investors factor in the impact of lower fuel prices on surcharges and expenses. Trucking stocks have been hit over the last few months on concerns over the level of U.S. manufacturing.
- Other trucking stocks on the move today include Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI +3.8%), Swift Transportation (SWFT +2.3%), Knight Transportation (KNX +2.2%), and YRC Worldwide (YRCW +2.9%).
Oct. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 16, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Covenant Transportation (NASDAQ:CVTI) reports freight revenue rose 8.2% to $153.52M in Q3.
- Asset-based trucking revenues grew 6.4% to $139.63M.
- Covenant Transport Solutions non-asset based revenues increased 29.4% to $13.9M.
- Average freight revenue per loaded mile +3.3% to $1.816.
- Average freight revenue per tractor per week +0.4% to $3,814.
- Total tractors count +122 to 2,721.
- Total trailers count -172 to 6,598.
Oct. 16, 2015, 7:53 AM
- Covenant Transportation (NASDAQ:CVTI): Q3 EPS of $0.42 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $173.51M (-2.3% Y/Y) misses by $6.74M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Covenant Transportation (NASDAQ:CVTI): Q2 EPS of $0.60 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $175.45M (+1.0% Y/Y) misses by $9.28M.
- Shares +2.40%.
Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM| Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM | 5 Comments
Apr. 24, 2015, 12:45 PM
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. through its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation services. It is a carrier for transportation companies such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers that require a high level of service to support... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR