Darspal S Mann
Yesterday, 11:23 AM
- The trucking stocks is revving higher after solid earnings reports from Swift Transportation (SWFT +12.4%) and Werner Enterprises (WERN +4.8%). Though quarterly profit dropped at both companies, commentary from management indicated the freight market is poised to improve.
- Notable movers include Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI +7.9%), Celadon Group (CGI +4.7%), Heartland Express (HTLD +4%), Knight Transportation (KNX +3.9%), and Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL +3.1%).
Wed, Jun. 22, 12:42 PM
Tue, Jun. 21, 4:52 PM| Tue, Jun. 21, 4:52 PM | 1 Comment
Mon, Mar. 14, 1:20 PM
- Avondale Partners sees a tough road to higher earnings for the trucking sector due largely to deteriorating macro factors.
- New capacity coming online just as demand weakens doesn't bode well for pricing, according to the boutique investment firm.
- Cautions is raised on Swift Transportation (SWFT -3.7%), Celadon Group (CGI -5.4%), Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI -8.3%), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT +0.2%), Knight Transportation (KNX -3%), Marten Transport (MRTN -0.1%), USA Truck (USAK -0.6%), and Werner Enterprises (WERN -3.2%).
Dec. 17, 2015, 4:58 PM
- Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) -9% AH after cutting Q4 earnings guidance below consensus, now seeing EPS of $0.31-$0.33 vs. $0.37 analyst consensus estimate and below its prior outlook for $0.36-$0.38.
- KNX says Q4 volumes remain similar to 2014, but that it as experienced significantly fewer non-contract opportunities, resulting in revenue per total mile trending lower than originally expected which hurt EPS by $0.03-$0.04.
- Trucking peers: ODFL, YRCW, UACL, HTLD, RRTS, CGI, WERN, CVTI, MRTN, LSTR, SWFT, USAK, R, JBHT.
Oct. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 16, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Covenant Transportation (NASDAQ:CVTI) reports freight revenue rose 8.2% to $153.52M in Q3.
- Asset-based trucking revenues grew 6.4% to $139.63M.
- Covenant Transport Solutions non-asset based revenues increased 29.4% to $13.9M.
- Average freight revenue per loaded mile +3.3% to $1.816.
- Average freight revenue per tractor per week +0.4% to $3,814.
- Total tractors count +122 to 2,721.
- Total trailers count -172 to 6,598.
Jul. 22, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Covenant Transportation (NASDAQ:CVTI): Q2 EPS of $0.60 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $175.45M (+1.0% Y/Y) misses by $9.28M.
- Shares +2.40%.
Apr. 24, 2015, 12:45 PM
Dec. 11, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jan. 14, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oct. 7, 2011, 12:03 PM
Covenant Transportation (CVTI -21%) plunges after projecting a surprise Q3 loss. The trucking company says a 9-10% decrease in revenue miles/truck as costs for wages, fuel, and insurance rise is tagging the bottom line, and expects a loss of $500K-$1.7M vs. expectations for a $2.3M profit. (PR)| Oct. 7, 2011, 12:03 PM