Sep. 29, 2014, 8:56 AM
- EnLink Midstream Partners (NYSE:ENLK) and EnLink Midstream (NYSE:ENLC) agree to acquire Gulf Coast natural gas pipeline assets including the Bridgeline system in southern Louisiana from Chevron (NYSE:CVX) for $235M.
- The assets include ~1,400 miles of natural gas pipelines spanning from Beaumont, Tex., to the Mississippi River corridor and ~11B cf of working natural gas storage capacity in southern Louisiana.
Sep. 4, 2014, 6:50 AM
- Solvay (OTCPK:SVYZY) will buy Ryton PPS, a specialty polymers business, from Chevron Phillips (CVX, PSX) for $220M.
- The acquisition includes Ryton PPS's resin manufacturing units in Texas, pilot plant and research and development laboratories in Oklahoma and compounding plant in Belgium.
- The transaction is expected to be completed in Q4 of 2014.
Dec. 18, 2013, 6:26 PM
- Anadarko Petroleum's (APC) legal troubles likely haven't tarnished its allure for investors - instead, it has helped make APC $9B cheaper, and more appealing for a buyout, Bloomberg reports.
- APC may be at the top of the list for multinational oil companies seeking purchases to turn around declining production, analysts say; a buyer willing to shell out $40B plus a premium would get a presence in fields where few big energy companies have exposure: the Niobrara formation in Colorado, Texas’ Eagle Ford shale basin, and offshore Africa.
- APC would be an especially good fit for Exxon (XOM) or Chevron (CVX), Oppenheimer's Fadel Gheit says, although it's hard to see how a deal could be serious without a resolution to the Tronox lawsuit, which could leave APC on the hook for as much as $14B in environmental cleanup and health claims.
Oct. 29, 2013, 2:34 PM
- More takeover talk lifts shares of Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD +3.2%), as a Bloomberg profile says the energy explorer with more than 7,000 wells in the Permain Basin is the hottest oil play in the U.S., seconding a notion from John Paulson.
- PXD's proven reserves and production in low-risk, predictable areas mean suitors would have to offer at least a 30% premium, or ~$275/share, analysts say.
- ConocoPhillips (COP), Chevron (CVX) and Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B) may be looking to expand their Permian acreage, and buying PXD would accomplish that while giving them more expertise in unconventional drilling techniques; only such a large, integrated company can afford the large amount of capital needed to fully develop the resource.
Aug. 15, 2013, 3:59 PM
- Gulf Keystone (GUKYF.PK, GFKSY.PK), sitting on Iraqi's Kurdistan's giant Shaikan discovery that could produce 250K bbl/day by 2018, is seen as a takeover target as the world’s biggest oil companies look for untapped fields.
- Gulf Keystone has spent $780M so far toward completion of a pipeline for direct exports to Turkey; analysts say offers could come soon because the new pipeline may boost the company's value by 40%, and a ruling is expected in a London lawsuit brought by a former associate claiming 30% of the pipeline.
- Exxon Mobil (XOM), Chevron (CVX) or an Asian national oil company are considered candidates to snap up the company.
Apr. 25, 2013, 10:43 AMCobalt Energy (CIE +1.8%), which has doubled in value since going public in 2009 but still trades at a substantial discount to the value of its underlying assets, is turning into a takeover target for energy companies attracted to its oil finds from Africa to the Gulf of Mexico, Bloomberg writes. CIE’s assets are "a needle mover" for a large international player, Guggenheim says. | 1 Comment
Jan. 18, 2013, 9:48 AMSome analysts say the coming leadership change at EOG Resources (EOG +0.3%) makes a takeover more possible, with Chevron (CVX) and Statoil (STO) seen as potential suitors. EOG is “an attractive target from the perspective of a super-high-quality asset base in all the right plays in the U.S.,” an RBC analyst says. With CEO Mark Papa leaving in June, “it does increase the possibility” of a deal. | Comment!
Jan. 16, 2013, 11:33 AMEnergy bankers hoping for another big year of M&A shouldn't fret too much about forecasts for oil and natural gas prices, since fear could make 2013 another bumper year for deals. Right now, it looks cheaper to buy barrels on the stock market via deals than drill for them: Bernstein says oil majors such as XOM and CVX trade at an average enterprise value of less than $15/boe of proved reserves. | Comment!
Dec. 24, 2012, 2:22 PMEOG Resources (EOG -0.6%) is the “big winner” in the shale-gas deal between Chevron (CVX -0.9%) and Apache (APA -1.6%), UBS analysts write in a note to clients. EOG will realize an estimated $450M "for exiting a project it had little interest in pursuing," UBS says, while the deal likely will cause capital expenditure concerns for CVX and APA. | 3 Comments
Dec. 24, 2012, 9:41 AMChevron (CVX) and Apache (APA) each agree to acquire 50% interests in the Kitimat liquefied natural gas project and proposed Pacific Trail Pipeline from EOG Resources (EOG) and Encana (ECA), with CVX becoming operator. CVX and APA also will acquire 50% interests in ~644K acres of petroleum and natural gas rights in the Horn River and Liard Basins in British Columbia from EOG and ECA, with APA becoming operator. | 3 Comments
Dec. 11, 2012, 5:27 PMTesoro Logistics (TLLP) agrees to acquire Chevron's (CVX) Northwest Products pipeline system for $400M. The pipeline receives product from five refineries and one pipeline in the Salt Lake City, Utah, area and is the primary transportation option to several other northwest U.S. areas. System delivery volumes averaged ~84K bbl/day in 2011. | 2 Comments
Dec. 6, 2012, 8:36 AMChevron (CVX), facing its longest slide in energy output in four years, could use its record cash to reignite growth by acquiring Cobalt Energy (CIE) or Kosmos Energy (KOS), Bloomberg speculates. “They're [CVX] going to have to come to the market because they haven’t returned the $21B on the balance sheet to shareholders," one analyst says. CIE +1% premarket. | Comment!
Oct. 3, 2012, 3:54 AMPetrobras (PBR) is in talks with three prospective buyers to sell them $4B-$6B worth of stakes in oil blocks in the Gulf of Mexico, with Brazilian media reports saying Shell (RDS.A), Exxon (XOM), Chevron (CVX) and BP (BP) are likely to be the most interested. The divestments are part of Petrobras' strategy of selling $14.5B worth of non-core assets. | Comment!
Sep. 13, 2012, 3:58 PMThe surge in Whiting Petroleum (WLL +4.6%) had started well before the QE news, on rumors the company will put itself up for sale. Adding fuel to the fire is today's option action, as nearly 5,400 Sept. $52.50 calls changed hands, well above open interest of less than 1,900 contracts. Potential suitors are said to include CVX, OXY, APA, RDS.A. | 1 Comment
Sep. 12, 2012, 10:59 AMChevron's (CVX +0.2%) part in of Chesapeake’s (CHK +0.1%) $6.9B land sale in the Permian Basin isn’t a surprise to Tudor Pickering considering the oil giant’s presence there already, but it’s "somewhat surprising" Shell (RDS.A -0.2%) is involved, as it has "not much, if any, Permian exposure currently." | 2 Comments
Dec. 27, 2011, 8:03 AM
CVX vs. ETF Alternatives
Chevron Corp provides administrative, financial, management and technology support to U.S. & international subsidiaries that engage in fully integrated petroleum operations, chemicals operations, mining operations, and power and energy services.
Other News & PR