Spansion: You Can Benefit From The Growth Of MCUs
Spansion: From Commodity To A Technology Company
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Time To Buy Cypress Semiconductor
Ashraf Eassa • 48 Comments
Ashraf Eassa • 48 Comments
Apr. 17, 2014, 8:04 AM
- Cypress Semiconductor (CY): Q1 EPS of $0.07 in-line.
- Non-GAAP Revenue of $170.28M (-2.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.28M.
Apr. 17, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 16, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 2, 2014, 4:08 PM
- Cypress (CY) now expects Q1 revenue of $169M-$171M, above prior guidance of $161M-$168M and a $165M consensus.
- Brad Buss, the chipmaker's CFO since 2005, is retiring, effective June 1. He'll be replaced by finance VP Thad Trent.
- Shares are halted.
- Update (4:40PM): Shares have resumed trading, and are up 2.4% AH.
Mar. 3, 2014, 12:01 PM
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY) declares $0.11/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.49%
- Payable April 17; for shareholders of record March 27; ex-div March 25.
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:42 AM
- First Solar (FSLR +5.8%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Baird a day after diving due to a Q4 miss and soft Q1 guidance.
- Cypress Semi (CY -5.3%) has been cut to Sector Perform by Pac Crest.
- Tibco (TIBX +2.2%) and Manhattan Associates (MANH +1.1%) have been started at Buy by B. Riley as part of a broader enterprise software coverage launch.
- Care.com (CRCM +5.8%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan after selling off yesterday in response to its Q4 results.
- ChannelAdvisor (ECOM +2.9%) has been started at Outperform by William Blair.
- Radware (RDWR +2.3%) has been started at Outperform by Wedbush.
Feb. 4, 2014, 4:08 PM
- Spansion Inc. (CODE): Q4 EPS of $0.20 in-line.
- Revenue of $313.7M (+40.1% Y/Y) misses by $6.57M.
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 30, 2014, 9:52 AM
- Vipshop (VIPS -4%) has been cut to Neutral by UBS. Bof/A/Merrill and UBS started shares at Buy earlier this month.
- Sequans (SQNS +3.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Baird ahead of its Feb. 6 Q4 report.
- Amdocs (DOX +3.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Oppenheimer following yesterday afternoon's FQ1 beat.
- PTC (PTC +3.7%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan. The company posted an FQ1 beat a week ago.
- Blackbaud (BLKB -1.4%) has been cut to Underweight by JPMorgan.
- Integrated Silicon (ISSI -2.8%) has been cut to Hold by Craig-Hallum a day after posting mixed FQ1 results.
- Synopsys (SNPS +0.2%) and SS&C (SSNC -3.6%) have been cut to Neutral by JPMorgan.
- Spansion (CODE +1.9%) has been started at Overweight by Morgan Stanley ahead of its Feb. 4 Q4 report.
Jan. 23, 2014, 12:11 PM
- Cypress (CY +4.2%) has guided on its Q4 CC for Q1 revenue of $161M-$168M and EPS of $0.05-$0.07, which compares a consensus of $164.7M and $0.07. With expectations depressed on account of the chipmaker's 2013 challenges, investors are pleased with the numbers.
- Cypress, which beat Q4 estimates with the help of relatively healthy memory sales (+3% Y/Y vs. a 6% revenue drop for the company overall), ended 2013 with a book-to-bill of 1.08, its highest reported level since Q1 2012.
Jan. 23, 2014, 8:02 AM
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY): Q4 EPS of $0.09 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $167.77M (-6.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.3M.
Jan. 23, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Dec. 30, 2013, 1:14 PM
- Macronix is firing back at Spansion (CODE +0.1%), filing a patent infringement lawsuit against the company and certain of its customers at the International Trade Commission. Spansion filed a patent complaint at the ITC in Aug. Both companies have ongoing federal suits against one another as well.
- Macronix alleges that Spansion's products infringe on 3 patents relating to non-volatile memory tech, with the company seeking an exclusion order on the importation of allegedly infringing products into the U.S. and cease and desist orders for further commerce of already-imported memory devices.
Dec. 19, 2013, 12:26 PM
- Spansion (CODE -1.4%) expands its term loan by $84M to $300M with a reduced IR of LIBOR +3% from LIBOR +4%. The term was extended by 1 year to 2019.
- The company will use the expansion and cash to redeem the remaining $94M of its 7.875% senior notes in Jan.
- Management expects the move to reduce interest expense by $7.5M annually, representing a $0.12 boost to EPS.
Cypress Semiconductor Corp. manufactures, designs, develops and markets digital and mixed signal integrated circuits. Its offerings include the flagship Programmable System-on-Chip families and derivatives such as CapSense touch sensing and TrueTouch solutions for touchscreens. The company... More
Industry: Semiconductor - Broad Line
Country: United States
Other News & PR