Cyclacel Now An Exercise In Futility
Stephen Simpson, CFA • 13 Comments
Stephen Simpson, CFA • 13 Comments
Thu, Aug. 25, 11:00 AM
Tue, Aug. 23, 12:46 PM
Tue, Aug. 23, 11:00 AM
Mon, Aug. 22, 12:44 PM
Mon, Aug. 22, 11:02 AM
Mon, Aug. 22, 9:12 AM
Fri, Aug. 12, 12:42 PM
Fri, Aug. 12, 11:00 AM
Fri, Aug. 12, 9:24 AM
- The gamblers are jumping into thinly traded nano cap Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CYCC) this morning driving shares up 37% premarket on robust volume. H.C. Wainwright analyst Andrew Fein says the stock could hit $173 if sapacitabine hits a home run in acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
- Sapacitabine, currently in Phase 3 development in AML, is an oral nucleoside analogue prodrug whose metabolite, CNDAC, arrests the cell cycle by breaking up DNA.
- Yesterday's close was $4.48.
Fri, Aug. 12, 9:22 AM
Thu, Jun. 16, 12:02 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap Pulmatrix (PULM +31.9%) jumps on a whopping 47x surge in volume, albeit on turnover of 992K shares. The stock is up almost 70% since Tuesday. No particular news accounts for the bullish behavior, although other small biotechs are experiencing similar action.
- The company has three product candidates in its pipeline, none further than Phase 1. Last month, it announced that it had completed dosing in healthy volunteers in a Phase 1 pharmacokinetic study of PUR0200, its candidate for the treatment of bronchospasm in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), with the aim of showing bioequivalence with a currently approved product.
- Other pipeline programs are PUR1900 for cystic fibrosis and PUR1500 for ideopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Tickers showing recent price spikes (some explained, some not): (BLPH -1.9%)(IMNP -6%)(JAGX -5.8%)(BSPM +9.2%)(CYCC -7.6%)(CBIO)(GBIM +30.5%)
Thu, Jun. 9, 12:19 PM
- Bellerophon Therapeutics (BLPH +73.1%) rockets up on a whopping 210x surge in volume. No particular news accounts for the move, but this is yet another recent price spike in the biotech nano cap space.
- Recent up moves include: Immune Pharmaceuticals (IMNP -2.5%), Jaguar Animal Health (JAGX +89.4%), Biostar Pharmaceuticals (BSPM -23.4%) and Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (CYCC -0.6%).
- The action may be attractive to some, but these types of moves are notorious for quick round-trips.
Tue, Jun. 7, 12:50 PM
Mon, Jun. 6, 12:48 PM
Mon, Jun. 6, 11:56 AM
- Ultra-thinly traded Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (CYCC +66.3%) heads north on a whopping 170x surge in volume, albeit on turnover of ~2.1M shares, in response to its announcement of data from a Phase 1 clinical trial assessing sapacitabine and seliciclib in heavily pretreated patients with advanced solid tumors. The results were presented today at ASCO16 in Chicago.
- The regimen was administered sequentially (Part 1) and together (Part 2) in 67 subjects. Antitumor activity was observed in a subgroup of 45 (67.2%) patients with breast, ovarian and pancreatic cancers who were BRCA mutation-positive. The overall disease control rate (DCR) was 35.6% (n=16/45) consisting of one complete responder, five partial responders and 10 with stable disease. In Part 1, the DCR was 37.5% (n=6/16) but eased a bit to 32.1% (n=9/28) in Part 2. The overall response rate was 13.3% (n=6/45), although the press release states 11%.
- Sapacitabine, currently in Phase 3 development in acute myeloid leukemia, is an oral nucleoside analogue prodrug whose metabolite, CNDAC, arrests the cell cycle by breaking up DNA. Orally available seliciclib, currently in Phase 2 for myelodysplastic syndrome , inhibits the enzymes CDK2 and CDK9, which play key roles in cell growth, survival and cell cycle control.
Mon, Jun. 6, 11:01 AM
Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a diversified biopharmaceutical business focused in hematology and oncology based on a development pipeline of novel drug candidates. It is engaged in discovery, development and commercialization of novel, mechanism-targeted drugs to treat cancer and other... More
Country: United States