Danaos Corporation: Asymmetric Risk/Reward With Potential 200% Return
Abdalla Al-ayrot • 12 Comments
Abdalla Al-ayrot • 12 Comments
Sun, Jun. 26, 6:35 AM
- Panama officially opens an addition to its legendary sea canal today, capping a nine-year, $5.4B expansion project that will double shipping capacity and affect global trade routes.
- A third lane has been added to the waterway that can accommodate a new generation of super cargo ships large enough to carry up to 14K containers, compared with around 5K currently.
- Check out a time-lapse video of the construction here
- Related tickers: MATX, KEX, CMRE, SSW, DAC, NMM, SINO, SB, DCIX, GOGL, ALEX, DAC, GSL, ESEA, EURN, NAT, OSGB, TGP
Wed, May 4, 4:45 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Tue, Feb. 16, 4:48 PM
Mon, Feb. 15, 5:35 PM
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:48 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q3 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $144.54M (+3.6% Y/Y) beats by $5.61M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q2 EPS of $0.35 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $141.47M (+3.7% Y/Y) beats by $4.25M.
Aug. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEIS, AIG, ALDW, ALJ, ALL, ANH, APU, BKD, BMRN, BNFT, CAR, CGNX, CHGG, CKP, CTRP, CYH, DAC, DENN, DK, DKL, ELGX, ELNK, ENH, EPIQ, EXP, FIVN, GGP, HIL, IDTI, ININ, INN, KAR, KBR, KONA, LLNW, LMNX, MCEP, MCHP, MDU, MDWD, MIC, MRC, NLS, NVGS, OHI, ONDK, ORA, OTTR, PLOW, PPS, QEP, QLYS, QNST, RBC, RSPP, RTEC, SGMS, SNHY, THC, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, UGI, VECO, VNO, VNR, WSTC, XL
Jul. 15, 2015, 5:38 PM
Jul. 10, 2015, 10:33 AM
- Notable movers in the shipping sector include DryShips (DRYS +3.1%), Danaois (DAC +5.6%), and Paragon Shipping (PRGN +1.6%).
- Some names in the volatile sector has been trading off of developments in Greece even with many of the Greece-based companies deriving nearly all their revenue outside the nation.
- On a broader look, the Baltic Dry Index is +21 to 874. The breakdown shows the Cape index is 1279 with a spot price of 9612 vs. 11,149 a year ago, the Panamax index is 1052 with a spot price of 8380 vs. 5432 a year ago, and the Supramax index is 767 with a spot price of 8021 vs. 7099 a year ago.
- The Baltic Tanker Clean Index is 837 vs. 521 a year ago and the Baltic Dirty Index is 857 vs. 786 a year ago.
- The Guggenheim Shipping ETF (NYSEARCA:SEA) is +1.43% on the day and -4.12% YTD.
- Related stocks: TNK, EURN, TGP, NMM, SSW, SFL, TK, SMM, TOO, GMLP, DHT, NM, MATX, NAT, FREE, DSX, SB, FRO.
Jul. 9, 2015, 12:50 PM
May 9, 2015, 11:27 AM
- The broadly-defined shipping sector continues to be volatile over the impact of oil price fluctuations and concerns over carrier/tanker supply along with charter rates.
- The Baltic Dry Index stands at 574 vs. a 52-week trading range of 509 to 1,484.
- The Guggenheim Shipping ETF (NYSEARCA:SEA) is down 9.4% over the last 52 weeks, although it trades with smoother peaks and troughs than the underlying stocks in the fund.
- Analysts are convinced that some value picks exist in the sector, although consensus is tricky to find. A few rough screens are listed below (add your own in the comments).
- Best YTD performance: Navios Maritime (NYSE:NAP) +37%, Scorpio Bulkers (NYSE:SALT) +35%, Tsakos Energy (NYSE:TNP) +31%, Golar LNG (NASDAQ:GLNG) +28%.
- Lowest price-to book value: DryShips (NASDAQ:DRYS) 0.14, Safe Bulkers (NASDAQ:SBLK) 0.32, Scorpio Bulkers 0.33, Navios Maritime Holdings (NYSE:NM) 0.34, GasLog (NYSE:GLOG) 0.39.
- Lowest forward P/E ratio: Danaos (NYSE:DAC) 4.43, Tsakos Energy 7.15, Navios Maritime Acquisition (NYSE:NNA) 7.25, Dorian (NYSE:LPG) 7.43, Dry Ships 7.57.
- Dividend yield: Navios Maritime Partners (NYSE:NMM) 15.2%, Capital Product Partners (NASDAQ:CPLP) 10.8%, Ship Finance International (NYSE:SFL) 10.8%, Teekay Offshore Partners (NYSE:TOO) 9.7%, Dynagas LNG Partners (NYSE:DLNG) 8.8%.
- Other shipping stocks: PRGN, FRO, NAT, OSK, TNK, FREE, ESEA, TOPS, DSX, SHIP, NM.
Apr. 27, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q1 EPS of $0.28 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $138.6M (+2.3% Y/Y) beats by $2M.
Apr. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
Feb. 9, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q4 EPS of $0.21 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $140.67M (-4.3% Y/Y) beats by $4.08M.
Danaos Corp. provides marine and seaborne transportation services. The company provides international seaborne transportation services by operating vessels in the containership sector of the shipping industry. It operates containerships and chartering vessels to many of the liner companies.... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR