Thu, Sep. 1, 12:47 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 4:32 PM
Sun, Jul. 31, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEGN, AEIS, AMKR, APU, ARE, ATW, BDE, BLKB, CEMP, CGNX, CHGG, CKEC, CONE, CUTR, DAC, DNB, ENH, ENSG, EXAC, FTR, GGP, GKOS, GPRE, HTA, IDTI, ININ, IPHS, KMT, LNT, MCEP, MTGE, NGHC, NLS, OFIX, OGS, OLN, PLOW, PPS, PQ, QUAD, RAIL, RXN, RYAM, SBRA, SYKE, TEX, THC, TNET, TREX, TSE, TTOO, TXRH, UGI, VECO, VNO, WMB, WSTC, XOXO
Sun, Jun. 26, 6:35 AM
- Panama officially opens an addition to its legendary sea canal today, capping a nine-year, $5.4B expansion project that will double shipping capacity and affect global trade routes.
- A third lane has been added to the waterway that can accommodate a new generation of super cargo ships large enough to carry up to 14K containers, compared with around 5K currently.
- Check out a time-lapse video of the construction here
- Related tickers: MATX, KEX, CMRE, SSW, DAC, NMM, SINO, SB, DCIX, GOGL, ALEX, DAC, GSL, ESEA, EURN, NAT, OSGB, TGP
Wed, May 4, 4:45 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q1 EPS of $0.43 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $137.47M (-0.8% Y/Y) misses by $1.48M.
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Tue, Feb. 16, 4:48 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q4 EPS of $0.43 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $143.32M (+1.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.28M.
Mon, Feb. 15, 5:35 PM
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:48 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q3 EPS of $0.40 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $144.54M (+3.6% Y/Y) beats by $5.61M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 3, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Danaos (NYSE:DAC): Q2 EPS of $0.35 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $141.47M (+3.7% Y/Y) beats by $4.25M.
Aug. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEIS, AIG, ALDW, ALJ, ALL, ANH, APU, BKD, BMRN, BNFT, CAR, CGNX, CHGG, CKP, CTRP, CYH, DAC, DENN, DK, DKL, ELGX, ELNK, ENH, EPIQ, EXP, FIVN, GGP, HIL, IDTI, ININ, INN, KAR, KBR, KONA, LLNW, LMNX, MCEP, MCHP, MDU, MDWD, MIC, MRC, NLS, NVGS, OHI, ONDK, ORA, OTTR, PLOW, PPS, QEP, QLYS, QNST, RBC, RSPP, RTEC, SGMS, SNHY, THC, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, UGI, VECO, VNO, VNR, WSTC, XL
Jul. 15, 2015, 5:38 PM
Jul. 10, 2015, 10:33 AM
- Notable movers in the shipping sector include DryShips (DRYS +3.1%), Danaois (DAC +5.6%), and Paragon Shipping (PRGN +1.6%).
- Some names in the volatile sector has been trading off of developments in Greece even with many of the Greece-based companies deriving nearly all their revenue outside the nation.
- On a broader look, the Baltic Dry Index is +21 to 874. The breakdown shows the Cape index is 1279 with a spot price of 9612 vs. 11,149 a year ago, the Panamax index is 1052 with a spot price of 8380 vs. 5432 a year ago, and the Supramax index is 767 with a spot price of 8021 vs. 7099 a year ago.
- The Baltic Tanker Clean Index is 837 vs. 521 a year ago and the Baltic Dirty Index is 857 vs. 786 a year ago.
- The Guggenheim Shipping ETF (NYSEARCA:SEA) is +1.43% on the day and -4.12% YTD.
- Related stocks: TNK, EURN, TGP, NMM, SSW, SFL, TK, SMM, TOO, GMLP, DHT, NM, MATX, NAT, FREE, DSX, SB, FRO.
Jul. 9, 2015, 12:50 PM
May 9, 2015, 11:27 AM
- The broadly-defined shipping sector continues to be volatile over the impact of oil price fluctuations and concerns over carrier/tanker supply along with charter rates.
- The Baltic Dry Index stands at 574 vs. a 52-week trading range of 509 to 1,484.
- The Guggenheim Shipping ETF (NYSEARCA:SEA) is down 9.4% over the last 52 weeks, although it trades with smoother peaks and troughs than the underlying stocks in the fund.
- Analysts are convinced that some value picks exist in the sector, although consensus is tricky to find. A few rough screens are listed below (add your own in the comments).
- Best YTD performance: Navios Maritime (NYSE:NAP) +37%, Scorpio Bulkers (NYSE:SALT) +35%, Tsakos Energy (NYSE:TNP) +31%, Golar LNG (NASDAQ:GLNG) +28%.
- Lowest price-to book value: DryShips (NASDAQ:DRYS) 0.14, Safe Bulkers (NASDAQ:SBLK) 0.32, Scorpio Bulkers 0.33, Navios Maritime Holdings (NYSE:NM) 0.34, GasLog (NYSE:GLOG) 0.39.
- Lowest forward P/E ratio: Danaos (NYSE:DAC) 4.43, Tsakos Energy 7.15, Navios Maritime Acquisition (NYSE:NNA) 7.25, Dorian (NYSE:LPG) 7.43, Dry Ships 7.57.
- Dividend yield: Navios Maritime Partners (NYSE:NMM) 15.2%, Capital Product Partners (NASDAQ:CPLP) 10.8%, Ship Finance International (NYSE:SFL) 10.8%, Teekay Offshore Partners (NYSE:TOO) 9.7%, Dynagas LNG Partners (NYSE:DLNG) 8.8%.
- Other shipping stocks: PRGN, FRO, NAT, OSK, TNK, FREE, ESEA, TOPS, DSX, SHIP, NM.