Jiayuan.com International Ltd.NASDAQ
Thu, Nov. 3, 8:10 AM
- Services like Tinder and Hinge are no longer shiny new toys, and some users are starting to find them more frustrating than fun.
- Must-read article in The Atlantic for owners of dating-app stocks (MTCH, DATE, LOV). Read, and come back to discuss.
- Also see: Dear Dating Apps - Mr. Jevons Would Like His Paradox Back
Dec. 29, 2015, 7:00 AM
- At its extraordinary general meeting today, Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE) shareholders voted overwhelmingly in favor of the merger with LoveWorld and FutureWorld. Of the 56.7% of ordinary shares voted, 97.5% backed the deal, expected to close in Q1.
- The merger, announced on December 7, has LoveWorld acquiring Jiayuan.com for US$5.04 per ordinary share and US$7.56 per American Depositary Share (ADS). Two ADSs represent three ordinary shares.
- Jiayuan.com is the largest dating platform in China with over 5.3M monthly active users.
Nov. 25, 2015, 5:39 AM
- Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE): Q3 EPS of $0.12 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $28.75M (+9.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.44M.
Nov. 24, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 20, 2015, 6:12 AM
- Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE): Q2 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $29.02M (+24.0% Y/Y) beats by $1.06M.
Aug. 19, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 8, 2015, 6:44 PM
- After opening higher in the wake of its Q1 beat, Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE) quickly sold off. Shares had surged in the two weeks prior to the report, thanks in part to a Chinese Internet stock rally.
- Possibly weighing on shares: Though Q1 results beat estimates, Jiayuan is guiding for Q2 revenue of RMB172M-RMB174M ($27.7M-$28M), below a sole analyst estimate of $31M.
- In tandem with the numbers, the Chinese online dating site announced Vast Profit Holdings has upped its going-private offer (first announced in March) to $7.20/share from a prior $5.37/share. That's still 3% below current levels, and 8% below Friday's close.
- Q1 results, PR
Jun. 8, 2015, 6:59 AM
- Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE): Q1 EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $27.32M (+26.1% Y/Y) beats by $0.77M.
Jun. 7, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 1, 2015, 12:48 PM
May 29, 2015, 12:46 PM
Mar. 27, 2015, 9:36 AM
- Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE) has hired Barclays to advise on a $5.37/share non-binding buyout offer from Vast Profit Holdings. It has also hired Davis Polk & Wardell to act as its legal counsel.
- The Chinese online dating platform currently trades 6% below the offer price.
Mar. 5, 2015, 6:15 AM
- Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE): Q4 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $27.89M (+29.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.91M.
Mar. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
Mar. 3, 2015, 9:16 AM
Nov. 20, 2014, 6:40 AM
- Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ:DATE): Q3 EPS of $0.03 in-line.
- Revenue of $26.3M (+11.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.9M.