Famous Dave's Of America: Still Not Bullish
Short Famous Dave's With 33-48% Downside
Ross O'Toole, CFA • 17 Comments
Ross O'Toole, CFA • 17 Comments
Mon, May 16, 4:09 PM
Sun, May 15, 5:35 PM
Mon, Apr. 11, 11:32 AM
- Famous Dave's (DAVE -2.8%) announces that it selected Dexter Newman to be the company's new CFO, effective immediately.
- Newman was hired away from Bloomin' Brands where he was a division CFO.
- Shares of Famous Dave's are down about 80% over the last 52 weeks.
- Now read Famous Dave's Is Still An Unmitigated Disaster
Wed, Feb. 24, 4:03 PM
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ALDW, ALJ, AMSG, ANIK, AR, AWK, AWR, AXTI, BLDP, BWXT, CEMP, CHDN, CLGX, CLI, CLR, CRM, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DAVE, DMRC, DOOR, DPM, DTLK, DYN, ECPG, EPR, EQY, ESV, ETE, ETP, FARO, FLTX, FOE, FRGI, FUEL, GDOT, GMED, GXP, HPQ, HTH, IL, IMAX, INN, KEYW, LB, LGCY, LQ, MMLP, MTDR, NFX, NLY, NSPH, NTES, OAS, PE, PHH, QEP, RATE, RBCN, RGR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RLYP, RSPP, SBY, SN, SPTN, SRC, SUN, SXL, TAL, TCAP, TILE, TNDM, TS, TSLX, TUMI, TXTR, VIPS, WES, WGP, WLL, WPX, WR, WSR, XPO, ZPIN
Dec. 28, 2015, 9:40 AM
- Board member Adam Wright, who has been serving as Famous Dave's (DAVE) CEO since June (following the resignation of Ed Rensi), has been named the restaurant chain's permanent CEO.
- Wright: "I'm passionate about barbeque, and am eager to rebuild this company by focusing on our guests, collaborating with the franchisees, and improving our company culture. I look forward to continuing to work with the Board, Famous Dave Anderson, the franchise partners, and the dedicated team to drive long-term growth and per-share shareholder value."
- The news comes with Famous Dave's trading less than $0.50 above a 52-week low of $6.70.
Dec. 21, 2015, 7:36 AM
Nov. 4, 2015, 8:14 AM
- Famous Dave's of America (NASDAQ:DAVE): Q3 EPS of -$0.05 misses by $0.21.
- Revenue of $31.8M (-15.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.94M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Oct. 13, 2015, 3:15 PM
- Famous Dave's of America (DAVE +0.1%) announces it will partner with Tablez Food Company to open is first stores outside of North America.
- The agreement covers four stores in United Arab Emirates, with the first in Abu Dhabi expected to be opened in 2016.
- The Famous Dave's brand has lost some sizzle in the U.S. Last quarter, comparable-store sales at company-owned locations fell 9.2% (includes a few stores in Canada and Puerto Rico).
Aug. 5, 2015, 10:15 AM
- Famous Dave's of America's (DAVE -7.7%) hires Abe Ruiz to be the company's new COO.
- Ruiz held the same position at Colon Gerena Restaurant Group
- Shares of Famous Dave's are slumping today after Q2 earnings came in short of estimates.
- Previously: Famous Dave's of America misses by $0.08, misses on revenue
Aug. 5, 2015, 8:14 AM
- Famous Dave's of America (NASDAQ:DAVE): Q2 EPS of $0.18 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $37.4M (-10.8% Y/Y) misses by $1.3M.
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AMSC, ANSS, ARIA, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, AVT, BLT, CEQP, CHK, CLDT, CLH, CMLP, CONE, CRK, CRME, CSTE, CSTM, CTSH, D, DAVE, DISCA, DISH, DNOW, DNR, EE, ENBL, FI, GDP, GTN, HCA, HFC, HSC, ICE, INXN, KATE, KELYA, KERX, LDOS, LG, LINC, LIOX, LL, LPLA, MEMP, MSI, MSO, MWE, PCLN, PWR, RDC, RL, SALE, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SNAK, SODA, SPAR, SPB, SUP, TMHC, TWX, USAC, VC, VLP, VOYA, VSI, WCG, WD, WEN, WIX
Jun. 18, 2015, 9:32 AM
- Famous Dave's of America (DAVE -8.3%) announces CEO Ed Rensi resigned from the company.
- The company has appointed board member Adam Wright to be the interim CEO while a search for a replacement proceeds.
May 6, 2015, 8:11 AM
- Famous Dave's of America's (NASDAQ:DAVE) reports comparable-store sales fell 4.9% in Q1 on a slide in traffic.
- Restaurant-level cash flow margin was down 220 bps due to the drop in sales.
- The company says the soft performance was due to a decision to eliminate a discounting strategy.
- Previously: Famous Dave's of America misses by $0.04, beats on revenue
May 6, 2015, 8:06 AM
- Famous Dave's of America (NASDAQ:DAVE): Q1 EPS of $0.03 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $32.6M (-8.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.16M.
Famous Dave's of America, Inc. develops, owns, operates and franchises barbeque restaurants. It offers full table service, feature wood-smoked off-the-grill entree favorites. The company's menu features barbequed and grilled meats, an ample selection of salads, side items and sandwiches, and... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR