Fri, Oct. 30, 6:38 PM
- NTT DoCoMo (NYSE:DCM) closed up 2.8% in U.S. trading after its fiscal Q2 results showed another quarter of growth and solid profitability along with steady subscriber additions.
- On a GAAP basis, EPS of ¥38.22 beat an expected ¥34.54. Revenue grew 3.7% to ¥1.14T (about $9.5B) and beat an expected ¥1.127T. EBITDA of ¥378.7B beat an expected ¥368B.
- Revenue by segment (first six months): Telecommunications, ¥1.38T (down 0.8%); Equipment Sales, ¥416.8B (down 5.7%); Other, ¥415.8B (up 23.1%).
- Overall cellular subscriptions were up 6.5%, to 68.5M, of which 23.8B were new billing plans. Of those, 34.5M were LTE subscribers (up 31.6% Y/Y).
- Handsets sold were up 10% to 12.04M, and churn rate was flat at 0.58%.
- Aggregate average revenue per user slipped 1.4% to ¥4,100 (voice ARPU of ¥1,180, down 9.9%, and data ARPU of ¥2,920, up 2.5%).
- Form 6-K
Fri, Oct. 30, 7:23 AM
Wed, Jul. 29, 12:24 PM
- NTT DoCoMo ADRs (NYSE:DCM) are up 5.5% in U.S. trading after the Japanese mobile firm beat earnings expectations and grew subscribers, smartphone penetration and high-speed data in its Q2 report.
- On a GAAP basis, its EPS of ¥43.48 beat an expected ¥32.30. Revenue was flat and EBITDA of ¥380.97B was 8% better than an expected ¥352.85B.
- Revenue by segment: Telecommunications, ¥878.6B (down 3.1%); Smart Life business, ¥117.1B (up 17.5%); Other, ¥87.1B (up 14.7%).
- Overall, cellular subscriptions rose more than 6%, to 67.5M. The company said at quarter's end it had 32.6M LTE subscribers, up 35.6% Y/Y. Premium 4G service (LTE-Advanced) is now available in 292 cities in Japan.
- Handsets sold rose 11.8%, to 5.77M units. Churn rate was 0.59%, down from the prior year's 0.6%.
- Aggregate average revenue per user was ¥4,010 (down 4.8%). As part of that, Voice ARPU was down 16.4% to ¥1,120; Data ARPU was up 0.7% to ¥2,890; and Packet ARPU was flat at ¥2,870.
- Form 6-K
Wed, Jul. 29, 8:11 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:04 AM
- NTT DoCoMo (NYSE:DCM): FY14 net income of ¥410.1B
- Revenue of ¥4.38T (-1.8% Y/Y)
- The company declared dividend of ¥65/share.
- The company expects operating revenues of ¥4.51T, net income of ¥470B, Adj. FCF of ¥400B for FY15.
- The company expects net adds of 3.3M subs, total handsets sold 24.1M units for FY15.
- The company plans to hike its annual dividend by 7.7% to ¥70.
- Press Release
Thu, Jan. 29, 9:02 AM
Other News & PR