Thu, Jan. 29, 6:19 PM
- Deckers (NYSE:DECK) guides for 10% Y/Y FQ4 revenue growth and breakeven EPS; consensus is for 11% growth and EPS of $0.13. FY15 (ends March. '15) UGG revenue growth guidance has been lowered to 11% from 14%.
- FQ3 UGG brand revenue +6.5% to $736M; Teva brand -12.1% to $13.6M; Sanuk brand -7.9% to $20.5M; other brands +96.5% to $14.6M.
- Retail sales +8.3% to $192.7M, e-commerce +25.2% to $146.9M. U.S. revenue grew just 3.1% to $526.3M; international +14.6% to $258.4M.
- Gross margin rose 180 bps to 52.9%, but SG&A spend rose to 25.6% of revenue from 23.7%. $13.3M was spent on buybacks.
- CEO Angel Martinez: "Full price selling of casual boots, weather boots, and specialty classics exceeded expectations and in some cases outpaced our inventory investments. At the same time, demand for core Classic collection accelerated as the quarter progressed but overall sales were down due in part to a slow October and November selling period and tough year-over-year comparisons. Along with foreign exchange headwinds, this led to the revenue shortfall for the quarter."
- FQ3 results, PR
Thu, Jan. 29, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jan. 29, 4:18 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ALGN, AMZN, AVNW, BCR, BIIB, BRCM, BXP, CB, COHR, CORT, CPHD, CPSI, CTCT, DECK, EFII, ELX, ELY, EMN, EPAY, FICO, GDOT, GIMO, GOOG, HA, HBI, HLIT, INVN, ISBC, IXYS, JDSU, LEG, MCHP, MITK, MTW, N, NATI, NEU, NFG, NGVC, PCCC, PFG, PFPT, PKI, PMCS, QLGC, RHI, RVBD, SFG, SWI, SYNA, TFSL, TUES, UIS, V, VR, WERN
Mon, Jan. 26, 1:44 PM| Mon, Jan. 26, 1:44 PM | 1 Comment
Wed, Jan. 21, 7:16 AM
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:01 AM
- Apparel prices fell 1.1% in the U.S. during November, according to yesterday's CPI report.
- The drop followed a 0.2% slide in apparel prices for October.
- Retail analysts note that a higher mix of e-commerce sales and the lingering promotional haze threaten margin expansion in the sector, despite overall tighter inventory control.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN.
Dec. 12, 2014, 10:17 AM
- The S&P Retail ETF (XRT +0.5%) is out ahead of market averages again on enthusiasm over consumer spending forecasts.
- Today it's apparel/footwear sellers and department store chains with the broad set of gains.
- Gainers: Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) +2.7%, Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL) +1.0%, Under Armour (NYSE:UA) +1.1%, Sequential Brands (NASDAQ:SQBG) +0.7%, Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) +0.5%, Coach (NYSE:COH) +2.3%, Nike (NYSE:NKE) +0.7%, Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) +1.1%, Macy's (NYSE:M) +2.4%, Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD) +1.7%, J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP) +1.5%, Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) +0.8%.
Dec. 4, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Shares of Destination Maternity (DEST -7.8%) slide after the company misses earnings estimates.
- A frank assessment from the company on a misfire with its assortment to millennial-aged moms-to-be strikes a bit of a chord across the apparel and department store sector.
- Many of the earnings hits and misses this quarter have been tied to on-trend or off-trend assortments. A millennial group which is hard to nail down is becoming a bigger part of that puzzle.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN, TJX.
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:27 PM
- Apparel seller Ann issued a warning today on the impact of labor uncertainty at West Coast ports as part of its Q4 guidance.
- The retailer expects $8M in extra air freight costs due to product shipment delays.
- There's also been some reports of delays at ports in the Seattle and Tacoma area which account for 16% of container cargo traffic on the West Coast.
- Analysts fret that more companies will resort to air freight to ensure stores are stocked in front of the Black Friday rush.
- Apparel and footwear stocks: SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, KATE, ANN, PERY, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL.
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:25 PM
- Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) reports revenue for its Ugg brand grew 23.8% to $417.1M in FQ2.
- Both domestic and international sales growth eclipsed the 20% mark.
- E-commerce sales were up 45.1% to $21.6M.
- Gross margin +340 bps to 46.6%.
- Guidance: 2015 revenue growth of 15% expected vs. 14% prior.
- DECK -2.4% AH.
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:13 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADES, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, BAS, BJRI, BLDR, BMRN, CB, CBI, CERN, CLMS, CLNE, CNMD, CPWR, CTCT, CYN, DECK, DLB, DV, ECHO, ELY, EW, FET, FII, FLS, FSL, GHL, GIMO, HBHC, HUBG, HWAY, IM, INFA, JNPR, KLAC, LOGM, LSCC, MSFT, MTSN, MXIM, MXWL, N, NCR, NTGR, OLN, P, PACB, PCCC, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PFPT, POL, QLIK, RMD, RUBI, RVBD, SHOR, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWFT, SWN, SYNA, VMI, VRSN, WOOF, WRB, WRE, WRI
Oct. 7, 2014, 3:09 PM| Oct. 7, 2014, 3:09 PM | 1 Comment
Oct. 6, 2014, 7:27 AM
Oct. 1, 2014, 8:17 AM
Deckers Outdoor Corp is engaged in designing, marketing and distribution of footwear, apparel and accessories developed for both everyday casual lifestyle use and high performance activities.
Other News & PR