Deckers Outdoor CorporationNASDAQ
Deckers Has A Bright 2016 As Weather Trend Reverses
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Thu, Oct. 13, 12:03 PM
Thu, Oct. 13, 9:22 AM
- Shares of Deckers Brands (NASDAQ:DECK) are on watch after Susquehanna downgrades the footwear stock to Negative from Neutral.
- Analyst Sam Poser warns on UGG sales after noting an elevated level of promotional activity for the cold-weather brand already.
- Susquehanna clips its price target to $49 from $59.
- Shares of Deckers are down 5.15% premarket to $57.84 vs. a 52-week trading range of $40.74 to $69.94.
Fri, Oct. 7, 11:14 AM
- If things aren't quite as grim for apparel stores than some feared, it makes sense that clothing manufacturers could benefit.
- Following a better-than-anticipated sales report from Gap, and a big Goldman Sachs endorsement of Ralph Lauren (RL +2.7%), notable movers in the apparel sector on a down market day include Deckers Outdoor (DECK +1.7%), Columbia Sportswear (COLM +2.7%), PVH Corp (PVH +2.1%), Wolverine Worldwide (WWW +1%), Xcel Brands (OTCPK:XCEL), Oxford Industries (OXM +0.8%), and G-III Apparel (GIII +1.5%).
- Today's decent jobs report could also be a factor in the sector move.
- Previously: Rally time for Gap and apparel store peers (Oct. 7)
Fri, Aug. 12, 8:06 AM
Fri, Jul. 29, 9:30 AM
- Shares of Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) are higher after FQ1 results came in ahead of expectations even with a sharp 7.3% drop in same-store sales. The fresh guidance issued by Deckers is helping to calm investors.
- Deckers expects FQ2 EPS of $1.12-$1.22 vs. $1.19 consensus and full-year EPS of $4.05-$4.40 vs. $4.28 consensus.
- DECK +3.97% premarket to $65.95 vs. a 52-week range of $40.74 to $73.68.
- Previously: Deckers Outdoor beats by $0.27, beats on revenue (July 28)
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:46 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Fri, May 27, 12:00 PM
Thu, May 26, 6:35 PM
- Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) names Dave Powers to the CEO position to replace the retiring Angel Martinez. Martinez will stay on as the chairman of the board.
- Though the company topped estimates with its FQ4 report, profit guidance for the upcoming fiscal year arrived weak. Deckers sees FY17 EPS of $4.05 to $4.40 vs. $4.60 consensus.
- Previously: Deckers Outdoor beats by $0.05, beats on revenue (May 26)
- DECK -0.50% AH to $49.01.
Thu, May 26, 4:09 PM
Wed, May 25, 5:35 PM
Mon, May 23, 10:27 AM
- The U.S. footwear industry is expected to be big winner from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement, according to analysis from the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- U.S. footwear imports are expected to increase by 2.7% or $1.1B vs. the 2032 baseline growth estimate, with the bulk coming from Vietnam at the expense of China.
- Exports from the U.S. are seen increasing 12.2% as more parts are sent to Vietnam for final assembly.
- TPP is anticipated to have a positive impact on U.S. output and footwear-related employment levels.
- Footwear is the sector with the largest positive benefit from reduced tariffs in what could be a favorable development for margins.
- Full U.S. ITC report (.pdf)
- Related footwear stocks: DSW, SHOO, FINL, FL, UA, SCVL, UA, NKE, OTCQX:ADDYY, DECK, WWW, SKX.
Mon, May 16, 12:16 PM
- Deckers Outdoor (DECK) opened a new Ugg concept store in Orlando.
- The new tech-heavy format is aimed at younger consumers. Similar stores are expected to be opened soon in Shanghai, Las Vegas, New York, and Chicago.
- "The purpose of these stores has shifted slightly so it's not strictly about maximizing sales; it's about being directional," said North America retail VP Gerard Marceda.
Fri, Apr. 8, 10:17 AM
- Apparel stocks are getting hammered after Gap's latest monthly sales dud creates a new ripple of worry.
- There's a little bit of a failed feedback loop going on in the sector as teenagers/young adults skip mall visits to spend on other categories while sellers try to innovate their way out of the box. That innovation is leading to excess inventory which in turn leads to more painful discounting
- Decliners include Lululemon (LULU -1.7%), Kate Spade (KATE -1.4%), Deckers Outdoor (DECK -2.5%), Coach (COH -1.6%), Michael Kors (KORS -2.1%), Columbia Sportswear (COLM -1.8%), Carter's (CRI -1.8%), Hanesbrands (HBI -1.3%), Ascena Retail (ASNA -3.9%), Nordstrom (JWN -3.4%), Chico's FAS (CHS -4.2%), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF -4%), Urban Outfitters (URBN -2.6%), L Brands (LB -3%), Express (EXPR -2.4%), Guess (GES -2.9%), Tailored Brands (TLRD -1.9%) and Zumiez (ZUMZ -2.8%).
- Now read Sell Your Apparel Stocks
Thu, Mar. 31, 10:21 AM
- Investors are giving companies that make shoes a hard look today. Macroeconomic factors including as strong U.S. dollar have been tugging on earnings in the sector.
- Shoe stocks ahead of broad market averages include Deckers Outdoor (DECK +3.6%), Crocs (CROX +5.1%), Steven Madden (SHOO +2.1%), Wolverine Worldwide (WWW +1.4%), Genesco (GCO +1.3%), and Boot Barn (BOOT +4.3%).
- Now read Are Crocs About To Make An Unlikely Comeback?
Mon, Feb. 22, 9:53 AM
- Canaccord Genuity backs a favorable view on Deckers Outdoor (DECK +1.1%) after taking in the UGG 2016 fall review in Las Vegas.
- The UGG product is being divided into four categories (novelty, classic street, weather, casual shoes/boots) in a move that could help it become a multiseason brand.
- "Taking it altogether, we believe the UGG product line has evolved immensely and should result in a strong recovery of sales trends as we head into fall 2016," writes analyst Camilo Lyon.
- Deckers is rated a Buy at Canaccord.