Tue, Jul. 19, 9:10 AM
- Diageo (NYSE:DEO) says it is working with employee groups to lower costs tied to a legacy pension plan.
- The legacy pension plan is a remnant from the merger of Guinness and Grand Metropolitan.
- Just.drinks.com estimates the plan in question costs Diageo £43M ($57M).
- Diageo ADRs are down 1.69% in premarket trading.
Sep. 16, 2015, 9:56 AM
- Beer stocks are in party mode with Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +6.9%) closing in on making an offer for SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +20.5%).
- Consolidation within the industry is seen supporting pricing and raising the M&A profile of large and smaller players alike.
- Gainers: Heineken ADRs (OTCQX:HEINY) +3.7%, Diageo (NYSE:DEO) +2.9%, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) +14.5%, Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY) +3.7%, Craft Brew Alliance (OTCPK:CABGY) +3.7%, Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) +0.8%, Boston Beer (NYSE:SAM) +1.6%.
- Previously: AB InBev prepping offer for SABMiller (Sep. 16 2015)
- Previously: Molson Coors pops with A-B circling SABMiller (Sep. 16 2015)
Jul. 23, 2015, 3:10 PM
Jun. 17, 2015, 10:57 AM
- Diageo (DEO +0.7%) turns higher on market speculation LVMH is interested in acquiring the Moet Hennessy brand.
- The Moet Hennessy portfolio includes wine, sparkling wine, spirits, and champagne products.
- Earlier this month, Diageo was bid up on market rumors over 3G Capital purchasing the company.
- Shares of Diageo are up 7.4% in June amid the M&A talk.
Jun. 8, 2015, 9:59 AM
- Diageo (DEO -2.8%) trades lower as skepticism over a 3G Capital takeout builds.
- Evercore ISI and Susquehanna are both out with notes to investors discounting the likelihood of a deal.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD -3.2%) is also lower in early action.
- The brewing giant built up some late gains Friday with investors betting that 3G's prominent stake in the company would become even more significant if it worked a deal for Diageo.
- Previously: Diageo jumps on report of potential takeover offer (Jun. 05 2015)
- Previously: Diageo bid "highly unlikely" - Evercore (Jun. 06 2015)
Jun. 5, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Brazil's Veja reports local P-E firm 3G Capital is considering a bid for Diageo (NYSE:DEO). The liquor giant's shares surged during the final hour of trading, closing up 8%.
- 3G, known for buying companies possessing popular consumer brands and engaging in ruthless cost-cutting afterwards, is said to be in the early stages of weighing an acquisition. The firm is less than 3 months removed from striking a deal to merge existing holding H.J. Heinz with Kraft Foods.
Mar. 12, 2015, 8:33 AM
Feb. 26, 2015, 10:27 AM
- Global beer stocks are getting a lift off of Anheuser-Busch InBev's (BUD +2.3%) Q4 report which showed some pockets of strength.
- The read on pricing for the sector was favorable, say beverage analysts.
- Gainers: Kirin Holdings (OTCPK:KNBWY, OTC:KNBWF) +1.1%, Diageo (NYSE:DEO) +0.5%, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) +0.8%, SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) +2.2%, Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY) +1.6%, Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY) was up over 2% in Amsterdam trading.
- Previously: Improvement in the U.S. lifts Anheuser-Busch InBev
Jan. 16, 2014, 7:47 AM
Dec. 16, 2013, 11:10 AM
- Brewers and spirits sellers are on the move today along with most global markets.
- What to watch: The sector has been shifting more of its focus to emerging markets with North American and Europe seeing sluggish growth trends. In particular, aggressive moves from new brands are being made in Latin America and India.
- Advancers: SABMiller (SBMRY) +1.8%, Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) +2.1%, Diageo (DEO) +2.8%, Carlsberg (CABGY) +1.7%, Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B) +1.1%.
Mar. 13, 2012, 7:51 AM
Shares of Beam (BEAM) gain 3.6% in premarket trading after the U.K.'s Daily Mail reports that the company is an attractive takeover candidate that could fetch as much as $90 a share - a mark 34% higher than yesterday's closing price. Diageo (DEO) is viewed as one of the most likeliest suitors.| Mar. 13, 2012, 7:51 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 19, 2011, 9:09 AM