Wed, Jun. 17, 3:26 AM
- Beginning in 2018, companies will have to seek approval before they can put partially hydrogenated oils into foods, after the FDA said the ingredient should no longer be considered safe and laid out far-reaching restrictions.
- While not a ban, the FDA's move marks the first restriction on trans fats at the national level. It first proposed the action in 2013.
- Related tickers: Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY), PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP), Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN), Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Unilever (NYSE:UL), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT), Kellogg (NYSE:K), Dean Foods (NYSE:DF), Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB), Hormel (NYSE:HRL), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Pilgrims Pride (NASDAQ:PPC).
Tue, Jun. 9, 10:43 PM
- San Francisco is one step closer to becoming the first U.S. city to require warning labels on sugary drinks after government officials approved a new measure.
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors and Mayor still have to sign off on the anti-soda ordinances.
- Some juice products, flavored milk products, and sports drinks will be included in the targeted beverage category if they contain a certain threshold of added sugar.
- Health advocates say they will make a second run at passing a sugar tax in San Francisco. They are also aiming for a broader push beyond California on consumer sugar warnings.
- The beverage industry has reacted to uneven demand in the U.S. for soda drinks in part with product innovation (craft, cane sugar, energy, protein) aimed at millennials.
- Related stocks: KO, PEP, DPS, COT, MNST, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, FIZZ, HSY, DF,
Wed, Jun. 3, 9:57 AM| Wed, Jun. 3, 9:57 AM | Comment!
Thu, May 14, 8:15 AM
Mon, May 11, 9:22 AM
Mon, May 11, 8:29 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports total volume fell 3% to 662M gallons.
- The company estimates its share of the U.S. fluid milk market fell 20 bps to 35.5%.
- An "easing" commodity environment was a positive factor, according to the company.
- Selling and distribution expenses were in-line with last year's level.
- Dean sets Q2 EPS guidance at $0.20-$0.30 vs. $0.19 consensus.
- Previously: Dean Foods beats by $0.07, misses on revenue
- DF +6.9% premarket to $17.40.
Mon, May 11, 8:02 AM
Sun, May 10, 5:30 PM
Mon, May 4, 2:18 PM
Thu, Mar. 5, 8:54 AM
Mon, Feb. 23, 3:43 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 12:45 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 9:16 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 8:57 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports milk volume fell 2% Y/Y to 683M gallons.
- Gross margin rate decreased 98 bps to 18.47%.
- Operating margin rate declined 102 bps to 1.07%.
- FQ1 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $0.12 to $0.22.
- FY2015 Guidance: Capital expenditure: ~$150M.
- DF -4.82% premarket.
Tue, Feb. 10, 8:04 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 5:30 PM
Dean Foods Co process and distribute fluid milk and other dairy products, including ice cream, ice cream mix and cultured products. It also produces and distributes TruMoo, a reformulated flavored milk, as well as juices, teas, and bottled water.
Other News & PR