Wed, Feb. 4, 12:59 PM
- Dean Foods (DF -6.6%) slides after BMO Capital downgrades shares to Market Perform from Outperform with a price target reduction to $20.
- The investment firm just spun its wheels with the DF recommendation it made back in October of 2013.
- Today's capitulation by BMO leaves Morgan Stanley holding the bull flag on the stock.
Fri, Jan. 30, 8:37 AM
Sat, Jan. 17, 12:45 PM
- Milk prices are in a downward trend with an excess of supply on the international market.
- The supply is so far beyond expectations that some U.S. cooperatives have directed farms to pour out part of their inventory.
- A reduced level of milk imports from China and Russia has been a factor in the market.
- Food companies are seeing a quicker benefit from the milk price decline than consumers, although analysts anticipate lower prices at grocery and C-stores stores in 2015.
- Milk price data (consumers) vs. milk futures chart
- Related stocks: DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, OTCPK:NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, QSR, KO, GIS,
- Related ETFs: MOO.
Mon, Jan. 12, 10:07 AM
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:28 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:14 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports milk volume fell 1% Y/Y in Q3 due to in part to the loss of a significant customer.
- The company thinks it may have picked up market share during the period with overall U.S. volume in decline.
- Guidance: The company expects Q4 EPS of $0.05-$0.15 and full-year EPS of $0.06-$0.16 with both marks ahead of the consensus estimate of analysts.
- DF +4.1% premarket
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:06 AM
Nov. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 8:17 AM
Oct. 10, 2014, 2:05 PM
- There's more consumer staples names to add to the list of out-performers on the day with investors peeling off some tech and momentum favorites.
- The partial list below represents stocks up at least 1% on the day with a dividend yield of over 2%.
- Back in favor: AVP, KO, MO, RAI, BUD, PF, BGS, DPS, CPB, LO, DF.
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Aug. 14, 2014, 4:58 PM
Aug. 12, 2014, 7:48 AM
- Credit Suisse upgrades Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) to an Outperform rating from Neutral on a valuation call.
- The investment firm thinks the negative outlook on the dairy commodity market is already priced into Dean Foods at current levels.
- Yesterday on Dean Foods: Q2 earnings, conference call
- DF +0.7% premarket
Aug. 11, 2014, 3:41 PM
- Execs with Dean Foods (DF -3.9%) made it perfectly clear during the firm's earnings call that the company doesn't have an easy way to recoup spiraling raw cost milk costs.
- CFO Chris Bellairs talked about the "thin margin" of error the business operates under where a penny per gallon cost hike translates to $1.5M worth of operating income.
- Bellairs is "confident" that Dean Foods will hits its Q3 guidance after the range was stretched out a bit.
- Earnings call transcript
Aug. 11, 2014, 9:16 AM
Dean Foods Co process and distribute fluid milk and other dairy products, including ice cream, ice cream mix and cultured products. It also produces and distributes TruMoo, a reformulated flavored milk, as well as juices, teas, and bottled water.
Other News & PR