Dean Foods Is Slowly Inching Higher From Better Dynamics
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Feb. 10, 2015, 9:16 AM
Feb. 10, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports milk volume fell 2% Y/Y to 683M gallons.
- Gross margin rate decreased 98 bps to 18.47%.
- Operating margin rate declined 102 bps to 1.07%.
- FQ1 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $0.12 to $0.22.
- FY2015 Guidance: Capital expenditure: ~$150M.
- DF -4.82% premarket.
- Q4 results
Feb. 10, 2015, 8:04 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF): Q4 EPS of $0.08 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.4B (+4.3% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Feb. 9, 2015, 5:30 PM
Feb. 4, 2015, 12:59 PM
- Dean Foods (DF -6.6%) slides after BMO Capital downgrades shares to Market Perform from Outperform with a price target reduction to $20.
- The investment firm just spun its wheels with the DF recommendation it made back in October of 2013.
- Today's capitulation by BMO leaves Morgan Stanley holding the bull flag on the stock.
Jan. 30, 2015, 8:37 AM
Jan. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
- Milk prices are in a downward trend with an excess of supply on the international market.
- The supply is so far beyond expectations that some U.S. cooperatives have directed farms to pour out part of their inventory.
- A reduced level of milk imports from China and Russia has been a factor in the market.
- Food companies are seeing a quicker benefit from the milk price decline than consumers, although analysts anticipate lower prices at grocery and C-stores stores in 2015.
- Milk price data (consumers) vs. milk futures chart
- Related stocks: DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, OTCPK:NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, QSR, KO, GIS,
- Related ETFs: MOO.
Jan. 12, 2015, 10:07 AM
Nov. 13, 2014, 7:28 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) declares $0.07/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.67%
- Payable Dec. 4; for shareholders of record Nov. 24; ex-div Nov. 20.
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:14 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) reports milk volume fell 1% Y/Y in Q3 due to in part to the loss of a significant customer.
- The company thinks it may have picked up market share during the period with overall U.S. volume in decline.
- Guidance: The company expects Q4 EPS of $0.05-$0.15 and full-year EPS of $0.06-$0.16 with both marks ahead of the consensus estimate of analysts.
- DF +4.1% premarket
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:06 AM
- Dean Foods (NYSE:DF): Q3 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $2.37B (+7.7% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Nov. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 8:17 AM
Oct. 10, 2014, 2:05 PM
- There's more consumer staples names to add to the list of out-performers on the day with investors peeling off some tech and momentum favorites.
- The partial list below represents stocks up at least 1% on the day with a dividend yield of over 2%.
- Back in favor: AVP, KO, MO, RAI, BUD, PF, BGS, DPS, CPB, LO, DF.
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Dean Foods Co. operates as a food and beverage company that is engaged in processing and distribution of milk and other fluid dairy products in the United States. It manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of branded and private label dairy case products, including fluid milk, ice... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Dairy Products
Country: United States
Other News & PR