Dean Foods Is Slowly Inching Higher From Better Dynamics
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Dec. 9, 2013, 7:03 AM
Dec. 4, 2013, 2:29 PM
- If Congress doesn't get around to passing a new farm bill before the end of the year the USDA will be forced to support higher prices for dairy farmers which would create a disruption up and down the food industry.
- Milk producers could benefit from the changes mandated by the 1949 farm bill - while food sellers could see profits pinched with consumers unlikely to absorb the full amount of price hikes.
- Most analysts think Congress will get its act together in time, but the risk of a stalemate exists.
- Related stocks: SJM, DF, NSRGY, WWAV, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, KO, GIS.
Nov. 12, 2013, 9:59 AM
- Margin worries at Dean Foods (DF -7.6%) is affecting sentiment over a number of other packaged foods companies in early trading.
- Though the company warned specifically on the dairy commodity environment, its drop in guidance on Q4 "challenges" looks a bit broader.
- Underperformers: KRFT -0.7%, SJM -1.0%, HAIN -1.0%, CAG -0.5%, CPB -1.0%, TSN -0.6%.
Nov. 12, 2013, 9:26 AM| Nov. 12, 2013, 9:26 AM
Nov. 12, 2013, 8:11 AM
- Dean Foods (DF): Q3 EPS of $0.12 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.2B in-line. (PR)
Nov. 12, 2013, 12:05 AM
Nov. 11, 2013, 5:30 PM
Nov. 7, 2013, 10:00 AM
- The FDA says it will propose measures to dramatically limit artificial trans fats from products sold in the U.S.
- Many varieties of packaged foods and frozen foods contain trans fats as well as items commonly sold at restaurants.
- Cutting the fat: Nestle (NSRGY), PepsiCo (PEP), Tyson Foods (TSN), Mondelez International (MDLZ), Unilever (UL), General Mills (GIS), Kraft Foods (KRFT), Kellogg (K), Dean Foods (DF), Campbell Soup (CPB), Hormel (HRL), Hershey (HSY), Pilgrims Pride (PPC),
Oct. 21, 2013, 10:11 AM
- Dean Foods (DF +2.1%) shares climb after BMO Capital upgrades the stock to Outperform from Perform and bumps its PT a dollar to $23.
- The firm believes raw milk costs will peak in Nov. as "lower feed costs, favorable weather, healthy inventory levels, and high farm-gate milk prices lead to record-high milk production" while the company's production volumes will bottom out this quarter and improve sequentially due to new distribution wins and "a likely improvement in overall fluid milk volumes."
- BMO likes Dean's strategic transition to cost leadership, seeing the move as a driver of profitability improvements.
- The firm also thinks Dean could attract a new investor base through "value-creating actions" after it lowered its leverage by spinning off WhiteWave.
Sep. 3, 2013, 6:40 AM
Aug. 26, 2013, 5:54 PM
Aug. 14, 2013, 5:12 PM
- Dean Foods (DF) announces a 1-for-2 reverse stock split in an effort to boost the dairy giant's share price.
- Earnings have suffered as the company has been pressured by higher raw milk prices and increased competition.
- The split will reduce the float to around 94.3M shares from about 188.5M, and should be effective after the close of trading on August 26.
- Shares +1.4% AH.
Aug. 8, 2013, 11:32 AM
Aug. 8, 2013, 9:02 AM
Aug. 8, 2013, 8:05 AM
- Dean Foods (DF): Q2 EPS of $0.13 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.2B misses by $0.05B. (PR)
Aug. 8, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AAP, AEC, AINV, AMCX, AMRC, APO, AWR, BCE, BCRX, BEAM, BR, CBB, CDE, CNQ, CNSL, CQB, CSIQ, CTB, DF, DNDN, FCN, FNP, FSYS, FUN, FWLT, FWM, GBDC, GLDD, GLP, GTN, HL, HSH, IQNT, IRC, KIOR, LAMR, LINE, MFC, MPW, NGPC, NVAX, NVO, OGE, OWW, PMT, RGLD, SNI, SPH, SRPT, SSYS, SWC, THI, TK, TMUS, VC, WAC, WIN, XTEX
Dean Foods Co. operates as a food and beverage company that is engaged in processing and distribution of milk and other fluid dairy products in the United States. It manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of branded and private label dairy case products, including fluid milk, ice... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Dairy Products
Country: United States
Other News & PR