Mon, Feb. 8, 12:54 PM
- Daily Journal (NASDAQ:DJCO): FQ1 Net income of $50K
- Revenue of $10.81M (-4.5% Y/Y)
May 8, 2015, 3:10 PM
- Daily Journal (NASDAQ:DJCO): 1H15 Net income of of $0.93M vs. -$0.58M in 1H14
- Revenue of $22.71M (+9.3% Y/Y)
Jan. 28, 2015, 5:12 PM
- Daily Journal (NASDAQ:DJCO): FY2014 Net Income of $0.63M
- Revenue of $43.42M (+15.2% Y/Y).
Sep. 11, 2014, 8:31 AM
- "I think Einstein needed somebody to talk to," says Charlie Munger, responding to a question about how he and Warren Buffett hooked up in a partnership. "He wouldn't have been as good as he was if he didn't have a talking foil who knew something, and I think I've been very useful in that regard."
- The Chairman of Daily Journal Corp. (NASDAQ:DJCO), Munger was speaking at the annual meeting.
- "Anyone who thinks this is a great tragedy is stark raving mad," says Munger over the hubbub about Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A, BRK.B) financing of Burger King's takeover of Tim Hortons, and the subsequent relocation to Canada. He notes Berkshire's tax bill will go up as a result of its involvement.
- Elon Musk? He's a genius, says Munger, "and I don't use that word lightly ... He’s also one of the boldest men who ever came down the pike. So put me down as saying I’ve always been afraid of the guy whose IQ is 190 and he thinks it’s 250.”
Feb. 6, 2013, 2:41 PM
Daily Journal (DJCO) holds its annual meeting today, notable for a talk from its Chairman Charlie Munger who has brilliantly invested the company's cash for many years. On ratings agencies: "It's hard to predict which comfortable two-company duopolies will become ghastly competitive miasmas." Alex Rubalcava is at the meeting.| Feb. 6, 2013, 2:41 PM | 1 Comment
Aug. 17, 2011, 11:55 AM
The Value Major uncovers this little nugget buried inside the 10K of smallcap newspaper operator Daily Journal (DJCO +4%): "The Company’s Chairman of the Board, Charles Munger, is also the vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway..." Yes, that Charlie Munger. "It’s very clear that there is no premium built into the price of the company" based on Munger, Value Major writes.| Aug. 17, 2011, 11:55 AM