Thu, May 19, 7:46 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) says same-store sales increased 0.5% in Q1 amid what it calls a "challenging" retail environment.
- E-commerce penetration rose 70 bps to 9.2% of all sales.
- The company ended the quarter with inventory up 7.3% Y/Y which included the impact of stocking away unsold cold weather merchandise.
- Dick's Sporting Goods sees FY16 EPS of $2.60 to $2.90 vs. $2.85-$3.00 prior vs. $2.95 consensus. The EPS range assumes share repurchases of $100M to $200M. For Q2, Dick's expects EPS of $0.62 to $0.72 vs. $0.78 consensus off a drop in comparable sales of 1% to 4%.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods beats by $0.01, beats on revenue (May 19)
- DKS -0.42% premarket to $37.89.
Thu, May 19, 7:33 AM
Wed, May 18, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 8, 7:50 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) says warm weather in parts of the U.S. contributed to a 2.5% drop in comparable-store sales in Q4.
- E-commerce continues to be a larger part of the story at Dick's. During Q4, e-commerce penetration rose 130 bps to 15.7% of all sales.
- Dick's Sporting Goods sees FY16 EPS of $2.85-$3.00 vs. $3.23 consensus. The company expects to open three new Dick's stores this year and relocate another three. Two new Field & Stream stores are slated to be opened in Q1. During the earnings call, execs are likely to be asked about the impact of the Sports Authority bankruptcy.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods misses by $0.02, misses on revenue (Mar. 08 2016)
- DKS -7.33% premarket to $41.07.
Tue, Mar. 8, 7:38 AM
Mon, Mar. 7, 5:30 PM
Nov. 17, 2015, 7:52 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) reports same-store sales rose 0.4% in Q3.
- The comp for Dick's chain increased 0.7%, while Golf Galaxy decreased 2.9%.
- E-commerce penetration +70 bps to 8% of total sales.
- Gross margin rate grew 10 bps to 29.7%.
- SG&A expense rate increased 60 bps to 24%.
- Inventory +13.1% Y/Y to $1.997B.
- Store count +54 Y/Y to 744.
- Q4 Guidance: Same-store sales: -2% to +1%; Diluted EPS: $1.10 to $1.25; Shares outstanding: 115M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Same-store sales: ~flat to +1%; Diluted EPS: $2.85 to $3; Shares outstanding: 117M; Capex: $245M.
- DKS -16.69% premarket.
Nov. 17, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Q3 EPS of $0.45 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.64B (+7.2% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 16, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 18, 2015, 7:55 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) reports same-store sales rose 1.2% in Q2. The Dick's chain recorded a 1.5% comp gain, while same-store sales at Golf Galaxy fell 2.9%.
- The company's e-commerce penetration of total sales increased 100 bps Y/Y to 7.3%.
- Gross profit rate +61 bps to 30.37%.
- SG&A expense rate -96 bps to 21.72%.
- Inventory +13.9% Y/Y to %1.615B.
- Store count +8 Q/Q to 712 units. Square footage +8% to $35.1M.
- Guidance: Q3 EPS of $0.45-$0.48 seen vs. $0.47 consensus.
- DKS -0.39% premarket to $50.50.
Aug. 18, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Q2 EPS of $0.77 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.82B (+7.7% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Aug. 17, 2015, 5:30 PM
May 19, 2015, 7:48 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) reports same-store sales rose 1% in Q1 with a +1.8% comp for the Dick's chain easily outpacing the -11% comp at Golf Galaxy.
- The same-store sales mark missed the estimate of analysts.
- The company's e-commerce penetration of total sales was up 150 bps Y/Y to 8.5%.
- Gross profit rate -68 bps to 29.96%.
- SG&A expense rate +63 bps to 23.05%.
- Inventory +9.7% Y/Y.
- Store count +54 to 704 units. Square footage +8.1% to $34.7M.
- Guidance: Q2 EPS of $0.73-$0.76 vs. $0.76 consensus.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods EPS in-line, beats on revenue
- DKS -4.07% premarket to $54.00.
May 19, 2015, 7:34 AM
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Q1 EPS of $0.53 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.57B (+9.0% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
May 18, 2015, 5:30 PM
Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. engages as a sporting goods retailer, which offers a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel and footwear in a specialty store environment. The company's products are categorized into three divisions: Apparel, Footwear, and Hardlines. The... More
Industry: Sporting Goods Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR