Wed, Jan. 7, 12:17 PM
- Reuters says Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) is holding early-stage talks with PE firms about going private.
- Shares +10.1%.
- Previously: Watch these 4 retail stocks for LBO action (Jan. 5)
- Previously: Retail trends to watch: Athleisure, P-E buyouts, and new online channels (Dec. 20)
Mon, Jan. 5, 8:50 AM
- The PetSmart LBO strategy could be utilized again in the retail sector amid the current low interest rate environment, note analysts.
- Bloomberg picks some top candidates to see a LBO play this year.
- GameStop (NYSE:GME): Valuation has been driven down to a level that could attract P-E firms.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): Spinoff opportunities and a lagging stock price make BBBY a LBO natural, note sector watchers.
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR): A buyer would have plenty of opportunities to cut costs and set a turnaround strategy.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Perhaps the surprise in the bunch, but analysts see upside potential in a LBO scenario as a shift in focus is enacted.
- Previous on LBOs in retail: Retail trends to watch
Sep. 18, 2014, 1:30 PM
- Bass Pro Shops hires Moelis to help it explore financing options.
- Sources say a sale of a minority stake, likely to a P-E firm, would value the retailer in the billions.
- A capital-heavy Bass Pro could pose a threat to Cabela's (CAB -0.8%) and to a lesser extent Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) if expansion is part of the plan.
Apr. 4, 2012, 6:45 PM
DKS vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR