Dolby Laboratories, Inc.NYSE
Dolby's Fourth Quarter Not Indicative Of The Key Year
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Thu, Nov. 3, 8:37 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 4:20 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Mon, Aug. 8, 3:19 PM
- AMC Entertainment (AMC -0.5%) announces it plans to accelerate the number of Dolby Cinema at AMC installations to 100 operational sites by the end of 2017 after receiving "rave reviews" from customers. The new pace is seven years ahead of the originally announced schedule.
- In addition, AMC and Dolby (NYSE:DLB) are collaborating on expansion plans to increase the amount of Dolby Cinema at AMC locations to beyond the initial 100.
- The Dolby Cinema at AMC format features premium audio and power recliners.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:20 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:36 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:20 PM
- Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB): FQ2 EPS of $0.82 beats by $0.36.
- Revenue of $274.34M (+0.9% Y/Y) beats by $10.37M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Thu, Jan. 28, 12:44 PM
- With shares having gone into earnings less than $2 from a 52-week low of $29.87, markets are reacting favorably to Dolby's (DLB +11.7%) FQ1 beat and in-line FY16 (ends Sep. '16) revenue guidance ($1B-$1.03B vs. a $1.02B consensus).
- The audio tech provider is getting a pass for its light FQ2 sales guidance ($255M-$270M vs. a $283.3M consensus). EPS guidance of $0.57-$0.63 is in-line with a $0.59 consensus. Buybacks are lifting EPS: Dolby spent $39.4M in FQ1 to buy back 1.1M shares.
- On its earnings call (transcript), Dolby mentioned its Cinema and Voice platforms are expected to see Y/Y growth in FQ2, and its PC, gaming, and mobile revenue expected to decline. Consumer electronics revenue is expected to be roughly flat "because the downward impact we expect for things like DVD and Blu-ray and home-theater-in-a-box is being largely offset by increases in items like [digital media adapters] and soundbars." Dolby reiterates FY16 revenue is forecast to be "a little more weighted" towards the second half of the year than usual.
- Dougherty's Steven Frankel has upgraded to Buy. "For the first time in the last couple of years, we are more optimistic and believe the current valuation of 13.7x our CY16 EPS estimate (ex-[stock compensation]) and just 11.1x excluding the company's $8.61/share in cash, represents an excellent entry point for this improving story. Our Price Target is $38, which is based on 12.5x CY16 EPS, plus the cash on the balance sheet."
- Dolby's FQ1 results, earnings release
Wed, Jan. 27, 4:22 PM
- Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB): FQ1 EPS of $0.48 beats by $0.20.
- Revenue of $240.81M (+2.8% Y/Y) beats by $1.67M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 9:19 AM
Tue, Jan. 26, 5:35 PM| Tue, Jan. 26, 5:35 PM | 26 Comments
Dec. 15, 2015, 9:45 AM
- Early movers based in part of the global Star Wars premiere include AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) +2.6%, Regal Entertainment (NYSE:RGC) +2.1%, Cinemark Holdings (NYSE:CNK) +1.5%, Carmike Cinemas (NASDAQ:CKEC) +2.1%, Marcus Corp. (NYSE:MCS) +1.2%, IMAX (NYSE:IMAX) +3.8%, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) +1.5%, Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS) +1.3%.
- The gains are larger than the move in the broad market.
- Some analysts think theater traffic this month could be a beneficiary of sub-$2 gas prices.
- Previously: 'The Force Awakens' to open in 4,100+ theaters (Dec. 15 2015)
Oct. 21, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB): FQ4 EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $229.5M (+1.1% Y/Y) misses by $6.26M.
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM| Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM | 7 Comments