Diamond Foods: Ready To Get Valued
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Diamond Foods: This Turnaround Is For Real
Thu, Jan. 28, 11:14 AM
- Diamond Foods (DMND -7%) and Snyder's Lance (LNCE -9.5%) are both sharply lower after the companies set dates to vote on their proposed merger. The scheduling of the vote is a signal that the FTC and SEC have completed their initial review of the deal.
- Snyder's also disclosed it expects to report full year revenue of $1.66B.
- SEC Form 14a
Oct. 23, 2015, 9:58 AM
- M&A talk in the food sector could set off a chain reaction, according to analysts.
- Kellogg's (K +0.2%) interest in Diamond Foods (DMND +6.6%) and a play by Treehouse Foods (THS +3.1%) for Ralcorp are in advanced stages, but other companies which could be drawn into talks include Boulder Brands (BDBD +0.5%), Amplify Snack Brands (BETR +1.7%), Mondelez International (MDLZ -0.1%), Campbell Soup (CPB +0.1%) and Hain Celestial Group (HAIN +0.4%).
- Private-label brands in particular may look appetizing to larger food companies.
- Previously: Reuters: TreeHouse in talks to buy Ralcorp from ConAgra (Oct. 22 2015)
- Previously: NY Post: Kellogg close to Diamond Foods buyout (Oct. 23 2015)
- Related ETF: PBJ
Oct. 23, 2015, 8:17 AM
Sep. 29, 2015, 5:40 PM
Sep. 29, 2015, 4:00 PM
- The food sector has been upturned by a DealReporter story indicating that a deal might not be worked out for the private label business of ConAgra. A number of food stocks have a M&A premium built into their share price which has added to volatility over the last few months.
- Post Holdings (POST -10%), Pinnacle Foods (PF -5.2%), Treehouse Foods (THS -2.7%), B&G Foods (BGS -2.1%), Diamond Foods (DMND -2%), and Flower Foods (FLO -2.4%) are all lower on the day.
Sep. 24, 2015, 10:13 AM
- Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) flies in early trading after DealReporter reports the company hired Credit Suisse to help it explore a sale.
- Shares of DMND are up 7.4% on heavy volume to reach their highest level in more than a month.
Jun. 5, 2015, 8:17 AM
- Shares of Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) trade higher after the company reports FQ3 EPS ahead of expectations.
- The company improved gross margin rate to 28.5% from 23.6% as price realization in some categories improved.
- Diamond Foods lifted its view on 2015 EPS to $1.00-$1.10 vs. $0.95-$1.10 prior and $1.04 consensus.
- Previously: Diamond Foods beats by $0.08, misses on revenue (Jun. 04 2015)
- DMND +3.52% premarket to $29.99.
Jun. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 9, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Consumer staples stocks continue to persevere amid a broad market decline.
- The Consumer Staples Select ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is +1.9% over the last 5 days vs. the -1.3% showing of the S&P 500 ETF.
- Today, PepsiCo (PEP +1.5%) is doing some of the heavy lifting following its Q3 earnings report - while a number of meat stocks are also contributing including Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +1.3%), ConAgra Foods (CAG +1.8%), Hormel (HRL +0.7%), Seneca Foods Corp. (SENEA +0.7%), Diamond Foods (DMND +1.1%), Tyson Foods (TSN), and Sanderson Farms (SAFM +0.7%) .
Sep. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Jun. 18, 2014, 8:03 AM
Jun. 6, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jun. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 5, 2014, 4:23 PM
- Snack segment sales of $114.3M (+9.6% Y/Y)
- Nuts segment sales of $76.6M (-5%)
- An increase in walnut prices during quarter hit Nuts segment to the tune of $2.2M.
- Gross margin of 23.6% (up 20 bps)
- Adjusted EBITDA of $23.5M (+1.5%)
- Outlook: Despite headwinds of boosted tree nut costs, company expects to realize an increase in Adjusted EBITDA Y/Y.
- CC at 4:30 ET
- DMND -7% AH
- Previously: Diamond Foods misses by $0.06, misses on revenue
Mar. 11, 2014, 5:41 PM
Diamond Foods Inc is a food company that deals in processing, marketing and distributing culinary, in-shell, ingredient nuts and snack products.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Processed & Packaged Goods
Country: United States
Other News & PR