Fri, May 13, 8:07 AM
Thu, May 5, 6:48 AM
- DelMar Pharmaceuticals (OTCQX:DMPI) raises $5.6M via the placement of 700,238 shares of Series B Preferred Stock to accredited investors, including officers and directors of the company, at $8 per share.
- Series B shares, yielding 9% per year, are convertible into common shares at $0.80 and will automatically convert at the earlier of the firm's lead product candidate, VAL-083, receiving FDA or European Commission approval (contingent on a minimum $2 price per common share) or five years from the final closing of the Series B Preferred Shares. Owners of Series B shares will also receive a percentage of VAL-083 direct sales and a percentage of the cash received from any licensing or partnering agreements.
- Yesterday's closing was $1.17.
Tue, Mar. 15, 10:37 AM
- The FDA designates DelMar Pharmaceuticals' (OTCQX:DMPI) lead product candidate, VAL-083 (dianhydrogalactitol), an Orphan Drug for the treatment of medulloblastoma, a brain tumor located in the lower rear portion of the brain. The FDA previously tagged it an Orphan Drug in February 2012 for the treatment of glioma, including glioblastoma multiforme, the most common form of brain cancer.
- VAL-083 is a small molecule chemotherapeutic, specifically a bi-functional alkylating agent. It is cleared in China for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia. A Phase 2/3 study in refractory brain cancer should commence this year.
- Among the benefits of Orphan Drug status is a seven-year period of market exclusivity for the indication, if approved.
Tue, Feb. 16, 7:48 AM
- DelMar Pharmaceuticals (OTCQX:DMPI): FQ2 EPS of -$0.06.
Oct. 21, 2015, 10:26 AM
- The Phase 2 expansion cohort of DelMar Pharmaceuticals' (OTCQX:DMPI) Phase 2 clinical trial evaluating VAL-083 (dianhydrogalactitol) in refractory glioblastoma multiforme in now fully enrolled with 14 patients. Participants have failed first-line therapy with temozolomide (oral chemo drug) and second-line therapy with Roche's Avastin (bevacizumab) and, in most cases, one or more salvage therapies.
- The company intends to provide updates of the study at scientific meetings into 2016. A Phase 2/3 trial will be initiated in the next nine to twelve months.
- VAL-083 is a small molecule chemotherapeutic, specifically a bi-functional alkylating agent. It is cleared in China for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia.
Oct. 19, 2015, 12:52 PM
- In preclinical testing, DelMar Pharmaceuticals' (OTCQX:DMPI -2.5%) lead product candidate, VAL-083 (dianhydrogalactitol) demonstrated cytotoxic activity in all ovarian cancer cell lines, including cisplatin-resistant cell lines, while showing less dependence on wild type p53 for its activity. It showed synergy with cisplatin (chemo agent) and significantly different cytotoxic-related cell-signalling patterns against tumor-resistant phenotypes compared to platinum-based chemo. The data were presented during a poster session at the American Association for Cancer Research Advances in Ovarian Cancer Research: Exploiting Vulnerabilities Conference in Orlando, FL.
- VAL-083 is a bi-functional alkylating agent (chemotherapeutic). It is cleared in China for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia. A Phase 1/2 study in recurrent malignant glioma should be completed in December.
Aug. 29, 2014, 9:39 AM
- DelMar Pharmaceuticals (OTCQB:DMPI) six-month results: Revenues: $0; Operating Expenses: $2.7M (-27.5%); Net Loss: ($2.8M) (+80.3%); Loss Per Share: ($0.09) (+82.4%); Quick Assets: $4.8M (+15.1%); Cash Burn: ($1.8M) (+44.9%).
- On July 21, 2014 the BOD voted to change the fiscal year end from December 31 to June 30. The reported financial results are for the transition period.
- No financial guidance given.