Oct. 21, 2015, 9:57 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) is up 1.77% after European regulators back off challenging the acquisition of TNT Express by the company.
- The development is seen as positive for the broad shipping sector. UPS (NYSE:UPS) and Deutsch Post (OTCPK:DPSGY) ADRs are also higher in early trading.
- Previously: FedEx scores big win for TNT acquisition (Oct. 21 2015)
Apr. 7, 2015, 11:15 AM
- A number of air transport stocks are on the rise after FedEx ponies up $4.8B for TNT Express.
- There's some confidence from analysts that more sector consolidation could be on tap.
- Gainers include Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG) +3.8%, Air T (NASDAQ:AIRT) +3.7%, Deutsche Post (OTCPK:DPSGY, OTCPK:DPSTF) +1.4% , Atlas Air Worldwide (NASDAQ:AAWW) +1.5%, and PostNL (OTCPK:PNLYY, OTC:TNTFF) +11.7%.
- Even UPS (NYSE:UPS) is out ahead of the broad market with a +0.6% gain.
- Previously: FedEx to buy TNT Express for €4.4B
- Previously: Investors and analysts applaud FedEx-TNT deal
Mar. 16, 2015, 12:31 PM
- FedEx (FDX +2.1%), UPS (UPS +1.6%), and Deutsche Post ADRs (OTCPK:DPSGY +1.9%) are all ahead of market averages today with oil prices in decline again.
- Oppenheimer also made some positive comments on pricing in the sector as it backed an Outperform rating on FedEx.
- The price target on FDX from Oppy sits at $200.
- UPS has had a tougher time this year than FDX with shares -10% YTD as operational complexities have kept profit expectations reined in. Across the pond, Deutsche Post is -3.5% YTD.
Currently, there's no company description for DPSGY.