Yesterday, 8:14 AM
- Deutsche Post DHL Group (OTCPK:DPSTF) acquires parcel delivery company UK Mail for £4.40 a share in a deal valued at £242.7M ($315.82M).
- The company says the pickup will strengthen its market position in Europe and bring in significant synergy opportuntiies.
- "We will further extend our network and have a strong foothold in Europe's three largest e-commerce markets, the UK, Germany and France, which account for over 60% of online retail in the continent," says Deutsche Post.
- Deutsche Post DHL Group press release
Fri, Jan. 8, 6:16 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) and TNT Express (OTCPK:TNTEY) have obtained unconditional EU antitrust approval for their proposed €4.4B ($4.8B) merger.
- "The European Commission has concluded that the deal does not raise any competition concerns," they said in a statement.
- The deal should catapult FedEx to second place in Europe behind Deutsche Post's (OTCPK:DPSGY) DHL.