What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Jan. 25, 3:16 PM
- Modest declines in the major averages are masking the continued liquidation in a number of financial sectors.
- Hotel REITs: Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB -2.4%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -2.2%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -2.9%), DiamondRock Hospitality (DRH -3.3%)
- Nonbank servicing: Ocwen Financial (OCN -6.9%), Walter Investment (WAC -10.5%), Nationstar Mortgage (NSM -6.7%), Altisource Portfolio (ASPS -4.6%), New Residential (NRZ -3.2%)
- Mortgage REITs: Two Harbors (TWO -3.8%), Invesco (IVR -4.3%), American Capital Mortgage (MTGE -3.4%), Western Asset (WMC -3.7%), Apollo Residential (AMTG -3.8%), AG Mortgage (MITT -3.9%)
- BDCs: Prospect Capital (PSEC -4%), Apollo Investment (AINV -2.2%), Medley Capital (MCC -4.1%), Gladstone Capital (GLAD -4.4%). A few in this sector are managing gains though: Main Street (MAIN +1%), TICC Capital (TICC +1.9%), Harris & Harris (TINY +1.8%)
Wed, Jan. 13, 3:30 PM
- LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO -7.3%) earlier cut its Q4 guidance, saying the weak RevPAR trends for it and the industry continued into the end of the year. At the moment, 2016 isn't looking so promising either, says the company.
- The broad markets are selling off sharply today, but the REITs not so much, and there are even a couple of pockets of green. Not in the lodging sector though:
- Hospitality Properties (HPT -3.1%), Ashford Hospitality (AHT -6.1%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -6.3%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB -4%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -4.9%), Summit Hotel (INN -5.6%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -6.3%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -3.2%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -10.2%), Host Hotels (HST -5.5%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -5.1%), DiamondRock (DRH -7.4%), Apple (APLE -1.6%)
Oct. 23, 2015, 11:46 AM
- Pebblebrook Hotel (after warning last month of a soft Q3), cut its outlook for Q4, noting a softening global economy and weaker job growth in the U.S. It's down 8%.
- LaSalle Hotel is in the "penalty box" after waiting until its earnings report to disclose the near-total shutdown of two NYC hotels in response to union issues in San Francisco. That stock is down 8.3%.
- Hospitality Properties (HPT -3.8%), Sunstone Hotels (SHO -3.2%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -3.4%), Summit Hotels (INN -2.8%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -1.9%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -2.3%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -6%), Host Hotels (HST -5.5%), Hersha (HT -4.3%), DiamondRock (DRH -3.2%).
- Previously: LaSalle Hotel tumbles as room closures hit results (Oct. 23)
- Previously: Pebblebrook Hotel sinks after cutting Q4 outlook (Oct. 23)
Sep. 18, 2015, 11:08 AM
- The broad market is lower, but the REIT sector (IYR +0.5%) is tacking on to yesterday's post-FOMC gains.
- The lodging names, however, remain under pressure, with Pebblebrook Hotel Trust's (PEB -5%) Monday warning of weak business in August and September apparently still driving the action.
- Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.3%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -3.9%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -4%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -2.9%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -4.7%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -5.5%), Host Hotels (HST -3%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -2.7%), DiamondRock (DRH -3.9%), Apple Hospitality (APLE -2.5%).
Sep. 15, 2015, 12:21 PM
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust last night said RevPAR this quarter could miss guidance thanks to weaker-than-expected demand in August and September. The stock is lower by 7.2%, and taking most of the rest of the sector along with it.
- Ashford Hospitality (AHT -2.7%), Ashford Hospitality Prime (AHP -1.8%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -3.3%), LaSalle Hotel (LHO -4%), Chesapeake Lodging (CHSP -3.4%), Summit Hotel (INN -2%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -3.6%), Chatham Lodging (CLDT -2.2%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -4.1%), Host Hotels (HST -3.7%), DiamondRock (DRH -3.3%), Hersha Hospitality (HT -3.5%).
- Notable outperformers: Hospitality Properties (HPT -0.8%), Strategic Hotels (BEE flat).
Mar. 25, 2015, 9:48 AM
- Downgraded to Reduce from Neutral are DiamondRock Hospitality (DRH -1.3%), FelCor Lodging (FCH -1.8%), Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT -2.5%), Host Hotels and Resorts (HST -0.9%), and LaSalle Hotel (LHO -1.5%).
- Cut to Neutral from Buy is Starwood Hotels (HOT -0.9%).
- For what it's worth, Starwood - the only one of the group rated a Buy before today - has about the worst performance of the bunch over the last year, ahead about 6% (Hersha is up just 5%, and the rest are up by far more).
Nov. 30, 2011, 11:35 AM
Other News & PR