- Digital River's revenue has stagnated over the last several years. Revenue has declined 1.4% from 2009-2013.
- Digital River's struggles have occurred despite rapid growth in the ecommerce market. Additionally, the ecommerce market's growth is expected to continue to outpace the overall retail market.
- Digital River has and is continuing to fall behind smaller and larger competitors in the enterprise market. These competitors are solidifying their position a top the enterprise market.
- Even after the loss of Symantec, Digital River's revenue has become more concentrated due to the rise of Microsoft. Microsoft's significant revenue contribution is putting pressure on gross margin.
- Digital River's revenue has stagnated, customer risk has increased, their platform is in development, and are falling behind. Digital River is a risky investment even at the current valuation.