Dart Group Corp.Grey Market
Jul. 13, 2015, 2:33 PM
- Ancillary revenue in the airline industry rose 21% last year, according to analysis from IdeaWorks and CarTrawler.
- Low-cost carriers saw a 33% jump in extra fees, while the U.S. majors realized a 19% increase.
- Ancillary revenue at United Continental (NYSE:UAL) was $5.681B to lead all airlines.
- Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ:SAVE), Allegiant (NASDAQ:ALGT), and Ryanair (NASDAQ:RYAAY) all showed +24% gains in ancillary revenue.
- Jet2.com (OTC:DRTGF) , Spirit, and Qnatas Airways (OTCPK:QUBSF, OTCQX:QABSY) all made more than $50 per passenger.
- Though bags fly free at Southwest (NYSE:LUV), the carrier still saw a 16% rise in ancillary revenue to $1.885B due in part to the popularity of its Rapid Rewards program.