Tue, Aug. 25, 12:46 PM
Tue, Aug. 25, 7:20 AM| Tue, Aug. 25, 7:20 AM | Comment!
Thu, Jul. 30, 10:48 AM
- Shoe stocks are higher after Skechers (SKX +13.8%), Steve Madden (SHOO +2.9%), and Crocs (CROX +8.7%) all top estimates in Q2.
- Skechers showed the strongest growth rates of the trio, although pricing and demand trends look positive across the sector.
- Notable shoe movers include Wolverine Worldwide (NYSE:WWW) +1.3%, Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) +1.0%, DSW (NYSE:DSW) +1.9%.
Wed, May 27, 7:56 AM
- Comparable-store sales rose 5.1% for DSW (NYSE:DSW) in Q1 off of strong demand for athletic footwear.
- Revenue for the DSW business was up 9.5% to $612.21M.
- Gross profit rate +110 bps.
- Merchandise margin rate +85 bps.
- Operating expense rate -10 bps.
- Inventory +13.8% on a cost per square foot basis.
- Guidance: DSW expects FY15 EPS of $1.80-$1.90 vs. $1.88 consensus.
- Previously: DSW beats by $0.06, beats on revenue
- DSW +1.52% premarket.
Tue, Mar. 17, 9:19 AM
Tue, Mar. 17, 8:12 AM
- Shares of DSW (NYSE:DSW) fly in opening premarket trades after the company showed comp acceleration in Q4.
- The comp includes DSW's online channel which has been revamped and is seen giving the shoe seller broader reach.
- DSW appears to have navigated around the West Coast port slowdown without a large impact on its bottom line.
- Previously: DSW beats by $0.07, beats on revenue
- Previously: DSW delivers 7.6% comp in Q4
- DSW +6.78% premarket to $39.35.
Nov. 25, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jun. 16, 2014, 6:27 PM
May 28, 2014, 12:47 PM
May 28, 2014, 9:13 AM
May 28, 2014, 8:11 AM| May 28, 2014, 8:11 AM | 2 Comments
Nov. 26, 2013, 8:37 AM
Nov. 4, 2013, 12:46 PM
Aug. 5, 2013, 5:54 PM
- DSW (DSW) lifts its FY13 earnings guidance and reports same-store sales growth for the second quarter.
- It now expects full year earnings to come in around $3.60 to $3.80 per share, up from the previous range of $3.40 to $3.60 per share, assuming low single digit same store sales growth for the full year.
- Net sales came in at approximately $558M for the period ended August 3, compared to $512M for the year-ago period, an increase of approximately 9%.
- Same store sales, excluding sales from the company's luxury initiative, rose 4.3%, compared to last year's 4.2% increase.
- The company also unveils plans for a 2-for-1 stock split.
- Shares +2% AH.
Aug. 5, 2013, 5:31 PM
May 29, 2013, 2:42 PMDSW +4.59% is among the day's winners after posting top and bottom line results for Q1 that beat estimates. CEO Mike MacDonald says the company's merchandising and supply chain teams "demonstrated remarkable execution flexibility," helping the company counter "unprecedented swings in weather patterns" during the period. DSW raised its dividend and guided for "flat to 2%" comps growth in FY13 and adjusted EPS of $3.40-3.60 versus consensus of $3.49. (PR) | May 29, 2013, 2:42 PM | Comment!
DSW vs. ETF Alternatives
DSW Inc along with its subsidiaries operates as a branded footwear & accessories retailer. The Company offers women's footwear; men's footwear; athletic footwear; & also offers a complementary assortment of handbags, hosiery, jewelry & other accessories.
Other News & PR