Datalink Is A Short Just Waiting On A Catalyst
Datalink's Pressures Continue
Mon, Nov. 7, 4:12 PM
Mon, Nov. 7, 3:01 PM
Mon, Nov. 7, 12:44 PM
Mon, Nov. 7, 9:17 AM
Mon, Nov. 7, 8:27 AM
- Datalink (NASDAQ:DTLK) +16.9% premarket after it agrees to be acquired by Insight Enterprises (NASDAQ:NSIT) for $11.25/share, a 19% premium to DTLK's closing share price on Nov. 4.
- The deal implies an equity purchase price of $258M and an enterprise value of ~$196M, net of cash and debt acquired.
- NSIT says it expects to achieve ~$20M in run-rate cost savings within two years after closing.
Sun, Nov. 6, 5:35 PM
- ACAD, ACXM, ADUS, AKAO, ALB, ALGN, AMC, ANDE, APEI, APLE, ARNA, BIOS, CHGG, CKEC, CRAY, CST, CTLT, CUTR, CZR, DEPO, DMD, DTLK, DTSI, EBS, EDIT, ENV, EPM, FANG, FARM, FICO, FN, FNV, FOGO, FRGI, FSM, FTD, HALO, HCKT, HTZ, IAG, IFF, JKHY, JPEP, KND, LSCC, LYV, MAR, MATX, MCHP, MODN, MXL, NCMI, NEWR, NH, NVGS, NVRO, NWSA, OAS, OMF, OPK, ORA, OUT, PACD, PCLN, PINC, PKI, PRAA, PTLA, RARE, REN, RMTI, RRR, RST, RTEC, RWT, SCSC, SGY, SITE, SNCR, SNHY, TCX, TDW, TREX, TSLX, ZGNX
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:31 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:19 PM
- Datalink (NASDAQ:DTLK): Q1 EPS of $0.05 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $164.6M (-6.2% Y/Y) misses by $11.8M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Thu, Feb. 25, 1:02 PM
- "Due to the volatility of current IT spending patterns and the recent cautionary comments made by some our larger strategic OEM partners we will not be issuing quarterly guidance for the near future," says CEO Paul Lidsky in Datalink's (DTLK -9.4%) Q4 report.
- The data center services provider is guiding for 4%-6% 2016 revenue growth, officially better than a 2.3% consensus. However, the guidance excludes $22M in low-margin 2015 fulfillment revenue Datalink won't pursue in 2016.
- A reason Q4 EPS missed estimates in spite of a sales beat: Gross margin fell to 17.7% from 19.65 a year ago. Low-margin fulfillment orders from a major customer totaled $11M during the quarter. GAAP operating expenses fell by $1.7M Y/Y to $31.5M, and 600K shares were repurchased at an average price of $7.74.
- Crag-Hallum's Chad M. Bennett has responded to the Q4 report by downgrading to Hold. He's concerned about macro and IT spending pressures, and lowering his gross margin expectations due to a weak storage outlook.
- Datalink's Q4 results, earnings release
Wed, Feb. 24, 4:12 PM
- Datalink (NASDAQ:DTLK): Q4 EPS of $0.20 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $208.8M (+12.0% Y/Y) beats by $7.94M.
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ALDW, ALJ, AMSG, ANIK, AR, AWK, AWR, AXTI, BLDP, BWXT, CEMP, CHDN, CLGX, CLI, CLR, CRM, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DAVE, DMRC, DOOR, DPM, DTLK, DYN, ECPG, EPR, EQY, ESV, ETE, ETP, FARO, FLTX, FOE, FRGI, FUEL, GDOT, GMED, GXP, HPQ, HTH, IL, IMAX, INN, KEYW, LB, LGCY, LQ, MMLP, MTDR, NFX, NLY, NSPH, NTES, OAS, PE, PHH, QEP, RATE, RBCN, RGR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RLYP, RSPP, SBY, SN, SPTN, SRC, SUN, SXL, TAL, TCAP, TILE, TNDM, TS, TSLX, TUMI, TXTR, VIPS, WES, WGP, WLL, WPX, WR, WSR, XPO, ZPIN
Oct. 22, 2015, 2:33 PM
- Beaten-down Datalink (NASDAQ:DTLK) has taken off after beating Q3 estimates with the help of a 53% Y/Y increase in product revenue to $123.9M, and a.16% increase in services revenue to Q4 guidance is for revenue of $195M-$210M and EPS of $0.20-$0.26 vs. a consensus of $197.4M and $0.23.
- The data center hardware reseller/service provider saw a 21% Q/Q increase in converged data center infrastructure (integrated server/storage/networking) sales, and a 5x increase in flash storage-related sales (offsetting disk declines) over the first 9 months of 2015. "Multiple new seven-figure contracts" were recorded for Datalink's Advanced Services practice.
- With job cuts limiting spending, GAAP operating expenses rose 17% Y/Y to $32.4M, less than revenue growth of 37%. Revenue growth would've been 29% if not for $10.7M worth of "one-time, low-margin, fulfillment orders" from a major customer.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 21, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Datalink (NASDAQ:DTLK): Q3 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $198.03M (+36.6% Y/Y) beats by $20.09M.
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM| Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM | 7 Comments