DeVry: 10+% Growth + 12x Earnings + Share Buybacks = 65% Upside
Obstacles Mounting For DeVry Education Group
Fundamental Breakdown Of DeVry
Fundamental Breakdown Of DeVry
Mon, Jun. 13, 3:53 PM
- The Department of Education published a set of proposed rules that define when students can take legal action against for-profit colleges and petition to have their federal loans forgiven.
- Some consumer advocacy groups don't think the measures go for enough, while pro-industry associations are railing against the extra regulation.
- On watch: CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH.
- Proposed DOE rules (.pdf)
Thu, Jun. 2, 12:45 PM
Thu, Jun. 2, 10:27 AM
- Credit Suisse downgrades DeVry Education (DV -13.1%) to a Neutral rating after having the stock lined up at Outperform.
- The investment firm slashes its price target by 32% to $17 after factoring in the dramatic turn of events at the education company.
- While CS swung and missed on its bull call on DeVry, SA contributor Alex Clifford called out DeVry as a short candidate when shares were about 40% higher.
- Previously: DeVry Education -13% on day after CEO change (May 25)
- Previously: DeVry names new CFO (June 1)
Wed, Jun. 1, 5:45 PM
- DeVry Education Group (NYSE:DV) appoints Patrick Unzicker to the position of chief financial officer to replace Timothy Wiggins.
- Unzicker has been with the company for over ten years, serving most recently as the chief accounting officer.
- Last week, DeVry named Lisa Wardell as its new CEO. Shares are down 6% since the C-suite changes started flying.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, May 25, 12:50 PM
Wed, May 25, 12:40 PM| Wed, May 25, 12:40 PM | 3 Comments
Tue, May 24, 10:49 AM
- DeVry Education (DV +2.3%) names Lisa Wardell as its new CEO to succeed the resigning Daniel Hamburger. Wardell has been on the board since 2008.
- Wardell will take over the position on May 24.
- Shares of DeVry are down 21.1% YTD.
Mon, May 16, 6:05 PM
Fri, May 6, 12:45 PM
Fri, May 6, 10:19 AM
- DeVry (DV +13.6%) trades higher after topping some beaten-down consensus estimates with its FQ3 report.
- Though total revenue was down from a year ago, the medical/healthcare and international/professional education parts of the business both saw positive growth.
- DeVry Education Group Student enrollment was up 10% to 158,300 total students.
- Looking ahead, DeVry expects FQ4 revenue to fall between 2% and 3%.
- Previously: DeVry Education beats by $0.09, beats on revenue (May 5)
Thu, May 5, 4:44 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Wed, Apr. 20, 7:48 AM
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch downgrades DeVry (NYSE:DV) to an Underperform rating after having the education stock set at Neutral.
- Shares of DeVry are down 30% YTD and trade at less than half of their 52-week high.
- SA contributor Alex Clifford was well ahead of BAML with his bear call on DeVry.
- Now read Future Of Education Part 1: America's Toxic For-Profit Universities You Should Short
Thu, Apr. 7, 3:01 AM
- More than 40% of the roughly 22M Americans who borrowed from the government's main student-loan program aren't making payments or are behind on more than $200B owed, according to a quarterly snapshot of the Education Department's $1.2T student-loan portfolio.
- The Obama administration maintains that the loan program, as a whole, will generate a profit over the long term, but the risk is rising that millions of students may never repay and revenue won't meet projections.
- Related stocks: CECO, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV, LOPE, APEI, APOL
Wed, Mar. 30, 9:21 AM
Tue, Feb. 9, 9:13 AM
- The Department of Education announces it created an enforcement unit to help crack down on student aid fraud and illegal recruiting tactics.
- "We've also seen too many programs that promise students a better life only to leave them with piles of debt without the prospects to pay them," stated Education Secretary John King.
- On watch: CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH, APOL, EDMC.
DeVry Education Group, Inc. is engaged in the provision of educational services. Its institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare and technology and serve students in secondary postsecondary education as well as accounting and finance professionals. DeVry's purpose is to... More
Industry: Education & Training Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR