DeVry: 10+% Growth + 12x Earnings + Share Buybacks = 65% Upside
Obstacles Mounting For DeVry Education Group
Fundamental Breakdown Of DeVry
Fundamental Breakdown Of DeVry
Thu, Jun. 2, 12:45 PM
Thu, Jun. 2, 10:27 AM
- Credit Suisse downgrades DeVry Education (DV -13.1%) to a Neutral rating after having the stock lined up at Outperform.
- The investment firm slashes its price target by 32% to $17 after factoring in the dramatic turn of events at the education company.
- While CS swung and missed on its bull call on DeVry, SA contributor Alex Clifford called out DeVry as a short candidate when shares were about 40% higher.
- Previously: DeVry Education -13% on day after CEO change (May 25)
- Previously: DeVry names new CFO (June 1)
Wed, May 25, 12:50 PM
Wed, May 25, 12:40 PM| Wed, May 25, 12:40 PM | 3 Comments
Fri, May 6, 12:45 PM
Wed, Mar. 30, 9:21 AM
Wed, Feb. 3, 11:54 AM
- Strayer Education (STRA +6.2%) is higher after Credit Suisse lines up a Neutral rating on the for-profit education stock and a $60 price target.
- The CS note is on the optimistic side that some stabilization will be seen this year.
- Other names in the beat-up sector on the move include Capella Education (CPLA +5.3%), DeVry (DV +3.4%), and Education Management (EDMC +6.4%).
Wed, Jan. 27, 12:49 PM
Oct. 9, 2015, 11:15 AM
- Apollo Education (NASDAQ:APOL) is down 10.6% to $11.05 after disclosing that the University of Phoenix is on probation with the DoD.
- Phoenix is no longer allowed to recuit on U.S. military installations.
- As tipped earlier, the for-profit sector is on edge with the ruling. Bridgepoint Education (BPI -3%), Career Education (CECO -2.2%), DeVry (DV -1.5%), Strayer Education (STRA -1.4%), and ITT Educational (ESI -1.1%) are some of the names trading off a bit.
Aug. 19, 2015, 10:25 AM
- DeVry Education (DV +9.1%) trades higher despite missing earnings yesterday.
- The company's International and Professional business was the only segment to show positive sales growth during the quarter.
- Shares of DeVry didn't get any help from Compass Point which lowered its price target to $28 from $34, but are holding up amid speculation some shorts are getting squeezed.
- Previously: DeVry Education misses by $0.04, misses on revenue (Aug. 18 2015)
Aug. 18, 2015, 5:40 PM
Jun. 29, 2015, 3:47 PM
- Education stocks trade sharply lower.
- The biggest development in the for-profit sector lately has been proposed spending cuts by the Department of Education on federal education programs.
- The for-profit sector is also affected by a court ruling upholding tighter funding standards related to debt ratio levels of graduates.
- Decliners: DeVry (NYSE:DV) -6.8%, Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) -5.5%, Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA) -4.6%, American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) -3.8%, Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) -3.4%.
May 18, 2015, 10:03 AM
- DeVry Education (DV -3.6%) slips after Deutsche Bank lowers its rating to Hold from Buy.
- Though DB thinks DeVry is one of the stronger names in the education sector, underlying industry fundamentals are working against it.
- DV -35.4% YTD.
Apr. 24, 2015, 12:45 PM
Apr. 24, 2015, 11:21 AM
- Shares of DeVry Education (DV -12.2%) crumble after the company reported a drop in revenue during FQ3 and unveiled a plan to convert 14 DeVry locations to online only.
- The company's string of acquisition helped it boost total enrollment compared to a year ago, but net income fell 15% during the quarter.
- Previously: DeVry Education beats by $0.02, misses on revenue
Mar. 31, 2015, 10:35 AM
- A group of Corinthian College (NASDAQ:COCO) students are attempting to back out of their student loan obligations after the company closed campuses to diminish the value of degrees from the institution.
- The students have some support from the CFPB in their bid for debt relief, although the federal agency won't advocate for non-payment.
- The development is another bright spotlight on a sector already reeling from enrollment losses.
- "I just turned 22 and I have this much debt and I have nothing to show for it," summed up one Corinthian student on her plight.
- On watch: Career Education (CECO -2.3%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -2.2%), Education Management (EDMC -7.3%), Strayer Education (STRA -1%), DeVry Education (DV -0.5%).
DeVry Education Group, Inc. is engaged in the provision of educational services. Its institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare and technology and serve students in secondary postsecondary education as well as accounting and finance professionals. DeVry's purpose is to... More
Industry: Education & Training Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR