Early Retiree • 24 Comments
Aug. 24, 2015, 6:35 AM
- DaVita Healthcare Partners (NYSE:DVA) announces it acquired Renal Ventures Limited for $415M.
- The deal will give DaVita control of 36 dialysis centers across six states.
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:46 AM
- DaVita HealthCare Partners (DVA +1.2%) acquires Colorado Springs Health Partners (CSHP) for an undisclosed sum. CSHP is a multi-specialty medical group with more than 100 doctors at 11 locations throughout the Pikes Peak region. The transaction is expected to close this quarter.
Feb. 27, 2014, 8:31 AM
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) has bought another 1.13M shares in DaVita Healthcare (DVA) to take its total holding in the kidney dialysis company to 37.62M shares, or 17.7%.
- The investment is being led by Berkshire fund manager Ted Weschler rather than Warren Buffett.
- Last May, Berkshire agreed not to raise its stake above 25%, and not to push for board seats or launch a proxy fight.
- DaVita shares are +2.2% to $67.50.
May 7, 2013, 4:57 PMDaVita (DVA) enters into a standstill agreement with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) limiting ownership to 25% of DVA's outstanding stock, putting the kabosh on rumors of a takeout. Speculation had been stoked late last year that the 'Oracle of Omaha' might be looking to buy the dialysis operator, after Berkshire disclosed that it had accumulated nearly 13% of DVA's outstanding stock. | May 7, 2013, 4:57 PM | 2 Comments
Dec. 13, 2012, 12:46 PM
BioScrip (BIOS +1.7%) moves up after announcing earlier today that it was buying infusion pharmacy services provider HomeChoice Partners for $70M in cash from DaVita HealthCare Partners (DVA -0.3%). The deal is part of a larger effort by BIOS to expand its national footprint. In February, it sold its specialty and mail-service pharmacy operations to Walgreen (WAG)for $225M, saying it wanted to turn its focus onto building its alternate-site infusion business.| Dec. 13, 2012, 12:46 PM
Dec. 11, 2012, 8:41 AMBerkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A) accumulation of a 13%, $1.45B stake in DaVita HealthCare (DVA) over the past year has stoked speculation that Berkshire will offer to buy the whole of the dialysis-center operator. Berkshire followed a similar path with railroad Burlington Northern Santa Fe and insurer Geico, which it bought after building up stakes.
| Dec. 11, 2012, 8:41 AM
Oct. 1, 2012, 9:28 AMBerkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) raises its stake in DaVita (DVA) to about 10.8% of the dialysis clinic operator. The House of Buffett bought another 282K shares last week, bringing total holdings to about 10.2 shares. DaVita closed at a 52-week high of $103.61 on Friday, up 22% since the February disclosure of a Berkshire position. | Oct. 1, 2012, 9:28 AM
May 21, 2012, 4:05 AM
DaVita (DVA) to buy HealthCare Partners for ~$4.42B in cash and stock. HealthCare Partners is the country's largest operator of medical groups and physician networks. (PR)| May 21, 2012, 4:05 AM
Jan. 25, 2012, 6:40 AM
DaVita (DVA) acquires a controlling interest of India-based NephroLife for an undisclosed amount. CEO Kent Thiry says the transaction will help the firm increase its focus in India and other areas in the Asia-Pacific region.| Jan. 25, 2012, 6:40 AM