DexCom: Should Investors Buy Into The Story?
With Valuation Looking Stretched, DexCom Is Getting Risky
Andy Batts • 68 Comments
Andy Batts • 68 Comments
Wed, Nov. 2, 3:36 PM
- Tandem Diabetes Care (TNDM -59.8%) is having a rough day after it posted weak Q3 results and lowered its 2016 revenue guidance by 19 - 23%. The selling has engulfed fellow diabetes-focused firms Insulet (PODD -11.4%) and DexCom (DXCM -19.7%).
- Insulet is set to release Q3 results tomorrow after the close. Consensus view is a loss per share of ($0.09) on revenues of $89.7M.
- DexCom reported yesterday. Revenue beat consensus by $2.3M, representing a 42.6% increase yoy.
Wed, Nov. 2, 12:42 PM
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:42 PM
Tue, Nov. 1, 4:04 PM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AFG, AGII, AMSG, BFAM, BGFV, BIO, BLKB, BYD, CACC, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAVM, CERN, CHSP, CHUY, CIM, CNO, CSU, CUZ, CYH, DATA, DEI, DENN, DNB, DV, DVN, DXCM, EA, EIX, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ES, ESIO, ETSY, EXTR, FARO, FIVN, FLT, FRPT, FTAI, FTR, GHDX, GILD, HLF, HRZN, HURN, HWAY, HY, ICFI, ILMN, IPHI, JCOM, JIVE, KFRC, KS, LOCK, MOD, MTCH, MTDR, MTW, MXWL, MYGN, NBL, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMED, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PDM, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PRTA, PXD, QUAD, QUOT, REG, RGR, RIGL, RNR, RPAI, RPT, RSPP, SANM, SBAC, SHO, SM, SQ, TCO, TNAV, TNDM, TNET, TRMB, TRNC, TRUP, TSE, TSRA, TTOO, TXRH, ULTI, VECO, VIAV, VRSK, WBMD, WES, WGP, WING, WR, WSTC, WTR, WU, X, XCO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZG
Fri, Sep. 30, 7:54 AM
- Zoetis (NYSE:ZTS) initiated wit Buy rating with a $60 (18% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Akebia Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AKBA) initiated with Buy rating and $18 (106% upside) price target by Brean Capital.
- DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) initiated with Neutral rating and $97 (10% upside) price target by B. Riley.
- vtv Therapeutics (NASDAQ:VTVT) initiated with Buy rating and $13 (82% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARIA) initiated with Outperform rating by Leerink Swann.
- Aldeyra Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ALDX) initiated with Buy rating and $18 (139% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Lantheus Holdings (NASDAQ:LNTH) initiated with Neutral rating and $8 (1% upside) price target by Credit Suisse.
- BioTime (NYSEMKT:BTX) initiated with Buy rating and $6 (63% upside) price target by Ladenburg.
- Sanofi (NYSE:SNY) initiated with Neutral rating by Piper Jaffray.
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:07 PM
- C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Wells Fargo.
- DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Desjardins. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $92 (1% downside risk) price target by BTIG Research.
- Alimera Sciences (NASDAQ:ALIM) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Cowen & Company.
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Goldman Sachs. Price target raised to $47 (13% downside risk) from $30.
- Akorn (NASDAQ:AKRX) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by Piper Jaffray. Price target raised to $34 (19% upside) from $33.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH) upgraded to Positive from Neutral by Susquehanna. Price target raised to $18 (66% upside).
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Jefferies. Price target raised to GBX 5,800 (14% upside) from GBX 5,400. Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform with a GBX 5,200 (2% upside) price target by BNP Paribas.
- McKesson (NYSE:MCK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $189 (15% upside) from $210.
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $83 (8% upside) from $90.
- Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Wedbush. Price target lowered to $2 (44% upside) from $14. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $1.50 (8% upside) from $12. Downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan and Piper Jaffray.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RPTP) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Cowen & Company.
- Vitae Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VTAE) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by BMO Capital.
- Atara Biotherapeutics (NASDAQ:ATRA) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $16 (18% downside risk) from $23.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral with a GBX 1,520 (6% downside risk) price target by BNP Paribas.
- Applied Genetic Technologies (NASDAQ:AGTC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Roth Capital. Price target lowered to $12 (34% upside) from $34. Downgraded to Hold from Buy by Cantor Fitzgerald. Price target lowered to $15 (68% upside) from $32.
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Baird.
Tue, Sep. 13, 7:13 AM
- The first patient completes Insulet's (NASDAQ:PODD) feasibility study evaluating the use of a personal Model Predictive Control algorithm with its Omnipod Horizon Automated Glucose Control System. 20 patients will participate in the study, the aim of which is gather data in order to fine-tune the algorithm for further studies leading to a regulatory application in the U.S.
- Omnipod Horizon is an integrated system comprised of an on-body Omnipod tubeless pump, the latest Dexcom (NASDAQ:DXCM) continuous glucose monitoring technology, a modified version of Insulet's handheld controller and state-of-the-art security system architecture. The algorithm projects the future horizon of blood glucose levels and adjusts insulin delivery to an optimal level for each user. It can provide three days of non-stop insulin delivery without the need to disconnect a tube set or manually inject insulin.
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:15 PM
- Medical device maker DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) has fallen 5.7% after hours as a Q2 loss came in below consensus though revenues got a 47% boost.
- Gross profit rose to $85.5M from a year-ago $66M, but a net loss of $20.2M included $31.5M in noncash expenses (mainly share-based compensation, depreciation and amortization).
- Research and development expense rose by $11.9M to $36.3M.
- Cash and equivalents came to $87.5M at quarter's end; adding in short-term marketable securities brings that total to $115.6M. Total liabilities were $86.4M.
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:19 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Fri, Jul. 22, 9:11 AM
Thu, Jul. 21, 5:19 PM
- The FDA's Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Toxicology Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee voted in favor of approval of Dexcom's (NASDAQ:DXCM) G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System as a replacement for users' blood glucose meters and to make treatment decisions based on the results from the G5. The filing was submitted as a supplement to its previously approved premarket approval application (PMA).
- Specifically, the Panel voted 8-2 in favor of the safety of the G5, 9-1 backing its effectiveness and 8-2 that the benefits outweigh the risks.
Thu, Jul. 21, 9:13 AM
- The FDA's Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Toxicology Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee meets today and tomorrow to review two applications for diabetes-related devices.
- Today, it will discuss Dexcom's (NASDAQ:DXCM) premarket approval application (PMA) panel-track supplement for a proposed change in the intended use of its Dexcom G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM) that will allow patients to use the device as a replacement for their blood glucose meters and make treatment decisions based on the glucose concentration in the interstitial fluid reported by the CGM.
- Tomorrow, the panel will discuss Alere's (NYSE:ALR) 510(k) submission seeking clearance of its Afinion HbA1c Dx point-of-care (POC) test system, an in vitro diagnostic test for the quantitative determination of glycated hemoglobin (% hemoglobin A1c) in human whole blood. Current clinical guidelines do not support POC hemoglobin tests to diagnose diabetes.
- FDA briefing doc - Dexcom
- Dexcom briefing doc
- FDA briefing doc - Alere
- FDA briefing doc appendices - Alere
- Alere briefing doc
- Panel questions - Alere
Fri, May 27, 5:39 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:11 PM
- DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM): Q1 EPS of -$0.23 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $116.2M (+59.6% Y/Y) beats by $5.82M.
- Shares +0.5%.