Tue, Jun. 28, 2:39 AM
- Replacing Live Nation's Ticketmaster (NYSE:LYV), eBay's (NASDAQ:EBAY) StubHub has won a 6.5 year revenue-sharing deal to resell tickets for the New York Yankees.
- The move ends a long standoff between the two companies, which had previously been at odds over a price floor for tickets.
- Reports suggested the deal was worth around $100M, but a StubHub spokesman said the value of the agreement was "definitely not that high."
Wed, Jun. 22, 5:36 PM
- Analyst Tom Forte has a $36 price target on eBay. Implied upside 48%.
- $36 is a new Street high. Street low is $22.50 (Morgan Stanley).
- Related: Sell-side mulls sale of eBay's StubHub (Jun. 21 2016)
Tue, Jun. 21, 12:45 PM
- "We think investors often overlook StubHub's potential to unlock or add value," says Benchmark's Daniel Kurnos, reiterating his Buy rating and $29 price target (vs. current $24.60) on eBay (EBAY +0.1%).
- StubHub, he says, has quietly build a dominant market share position, and is now in process of expanding internationally (just 2% of revenue comes from overseas).
- Whie TicketMaster could provide a big competitive challenge, it won't matter as much as investors currently expect, says Kurnos, as StubHub will eventually be monetized either through a sale of IPO.
Mon, Jun. 20, 7:37 AM
Fri, Jun. 3, 3:06 AM
- "The world doesn’t need an almost-as good Amazon, it needs a better eBay," CEO Devin Wenig said at the Code Conference in California, taking pains to distinguish the company from its bigger rival.
- "I'd rather have a billion unique items that arrive in three days than a billion commodity items that arrive in an hour."
- Wenig also added that eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) is looking at opportunities to bring together e-commerce and artificial intelligence.
Thu, May 26, 12:14 PM
- RIght now, the chance of an affirmative vote in the Brexit referendum is looking mighty slim, so it's hard to imagine much of an edge here. Nevertheless, the team at JPMorgan has identified 22 U.S. stocks with the highest U.K. exposure as a percent of revenue. These names would thus theoretically benefit from a "Remain" vote.
- Penske (NYSE:PAG), PPL Corp. (NYSE:PPL), PRA Health (NASDAQ:PRAH), Invesco (NYSE:IVZ), Xerox (NYSE:XRX), Ford (NYSE:F), Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), CBRE Group (NYSE:CBG), Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Marsh & McLennan (NYSE:MMC), MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), ON Semi (NASDAQ:ON), Aon (NYSE:AON), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Crane (NYSE:CR), Maximus (NYSE:MMS), Legg Mason (NYSE:LM), Guidewire (NYSE:GWRE), Signet (NYSE:SIG), Fair Isaac (NYSE:FICO), DST Systems (NYSE:DST).
Tue, May 24, 7:33 AM
- eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) announces it acquired Ticketbis for an undisclosed amount. Ticketbis is an online ticket marketplace with a presence in 47 different countries.
- The company plans to integrate Ticketbis into the StubHub business which will take StubHub into new global markets.
- The deal is expected to close in the middle part of 2016.
- The add-on of Ticketbis isn't expected to impact the Q2 and full-year guidance already issued by eBay.
Fri, May 13, 6:25 PM
- Third Point's 13F filing shows it took new positions in EMC (EMC, 7M shares), Google (GOOGL, 700K shares) and Baxalta (BXLT, 6M shares) while selling out of eBay (EBAY, 4M shares), and Morgan Stanley (MS, 3M shares).
- Like Appaloosa, the firm also took a new stake in Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA, for 1.45M shares).
- Third Point trimmed its stake in Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) by two-thirds, selling 6.04M shares, and cut its holdings in J M Smucker (NYSE:SJM) by 875,000. It did boost holdings in Yum Brands (NYSE:YUM) with 5.4M additional shares, as well as 1.5M in calls.
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:19 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:34 AM
- eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Twitter (NYSE:TWTR), AT&T (NYSE:T) and Capital One Financial (NYSE:COF) are among the companies who are scheduled to join Apple today in releasing earnings reports.
- Analysts expect that eBay's Q1 EPS slipped to $0.45 from $0.48 a year earlier as revenue fell 53% to $2.08B.
- Twitter's EPS is seen rising to $0.10 from $0.07 and revenue surging 39% to $607.8M.
- The consensus for AT&T is that EPS grew to $0.69 from $0.63 while sales jumped 24% to $40.5B.
- Capital One Financial's EPS is estimated to have declined to $1.91 from $2 even though revenue may have climbed 9% to $6.16B.
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Tue, Apr. 19, 11:10 AM
- EBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) is off 2.8% following some cautious rumblings from Morgan Stanley, which has downgraded shares to Underweight amid worries about the company's international marketplaces.
- The firm trimmed its price target on shares to $22.50; shares closed yesterday at $25.31.
- The International marketplaces make up about 60% of total gross merchandise value and 44% of total revenues. But Alphawise survey data suggests more than 60% of consumers in the UK and German don't plan to shop on eBay in 2016, vs. about 20% a year ago.
- Now read eBay At $23 Is A Strong Buy »
Wed, Mar. 2, 6:10 PM
- Nine days after pricing an offering of 6% notes due 2056, EBAY is selling $750M worth of 2.5% senior notes due 2018, and $750M worth of 3.8% senior notes due 2022. The company only says proceeds will be used for "general corporate purposes, which may include capital expenditures, share repurchases, repayment of indebtedness and possible acquisitions." (Press Release)
- There's a good chance some of the funds will be deployed towards buybacks: $1.1B was spent on buybacks in 2H15, and eBay had $1.8B remaining on its authorization at the end of 2015.
- eBay had $8.5B in cash/investments (much of it offshore) at the end of 2015 to go with $6.8B in debt.
Mon, Feb. 22, 7:09 PM
- EBay (EBAY +1.8%) has priced an offering of $750M in debt.
- The offering of 6% notes due 2056 comes at $25 per note plus any accrued interest. EBay expects the offering to close next Monday, and to use the proceeds for general purposes (including buybacks, capex, acquisitions or debt repayment).
- In its most recent report, the company noted $6.78B in total debt (vs. $6.13B in cash). Debt/equity ratio was about 103, while debt/asset ratio was just over 38.
- The new notes will be listed on Nasdaq Global Select under the symbol EBAYL.
- After hours: EBAY -0.2%.
Mon, Feb. 8, 3:30 PM
- The online secondary sneaker market entered a new phase today with the launch of price-tracking site StockX.com.
- Quicken Loans creator Dan Gilbert co-founded the site where sneakerheads trade with Campless.com's Josh Lubert.
- The site intends to branch out to other consumer product categories with a vibrant aftermarket. On that point, the company calls itself the "stock market of things."
- Related stocks: NKE, OTCQX:ADDYY, UA, EBAY.
Thu, Jan. 28, 9:23 AM
- Gainers: NEOS +59%. DNR +17%. BCEI +16%. UA +16%. FB +14%. INO +13%. ATHX +12%. PBR +12%. WLL +11%. MRO +10%. [[PBR-A]] +10%. TRXC +9%. CHK +9%. MLNX +9%. LINE +9%. MT +9%. SDRL +8%. HOG +8%. ETE +8%. STO +8%. CRUS 7%. KMI 7%. BBL 6%. HCA 6%. MJN 6%. CJES 6%. PYPL 6%.
- Losers: NOW -22%. OSIS -22%. EBAY -11%. INVN -10%. URI -10%. INCY -9%. JNPR -10%. OAS -7%.
eBay, Inc. operates as a commerce leader company including Marketplace, StubHub, and Classifieds platforms. It engages in the provision of investments and acquisitions to help enable commerce on platforms for buyers and sellers online or on mobile devices. It includes marketing services,... More
Industry: Catalog & Mail Order Houses
Country: United States
Other News & PR