Echo Global Logistics, Inc.NASDAQ
Why Echo Global Logistics Has 50%-60% Downside
Ben Axler • 12 Comments
Ben Axler • 12 Comments
Sat, Oct. 29, 10:42 AM
- The trucking industry is anxiously waiting for the release of key heavy-duty truck order releases next week as it assesses demand for 2017.
- Overcapacity has impacted trucking pricing this year and forced several companies to idle parts of their fleets and rethink strategy. More than half of trucking stocks with a market cap of over $50M are showing a negative YTD return.
- There's a sense that the extended downturn in freight demand could be bottoming out, a theory that could be confirmed by the upcoming reports from ACT Research and FTR.
- Looking further down the road, it can't be ignored that autonomous vehicle technology could have an impact with trucking services, logistics firms and truck makers. The dramatic delivery of 50K Budweisers (NYSE:BUD) by self-driving transport company Otto (Private:UBER) is considered by some analysts as much more than a publicity stunt.
- Ford (NYSE:F) announced last summer that it's developing smaller self-driving delivery trucks and Google has a USPTO-approved patent on a self-driving delivery truck. On the long-haul side, Daimler's (OTCPK:DDAIF) Freightliner is still testing autonomous 18-wheelers.
- Related article: MIT Technology Review on Uber Freight
- Related stocks: ULH, USAK, SAIA, PATI, PTSI, JBHT, KNX, SWFT, LSTR, MRTN, HTLD, WERN, ECHO, ODFL, CVTI, CGI, ARCB, YRCW, NAV, CMI, PCAR, FDX, UPS.
Wed, Oct. 26, 4:03 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:03 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Tue, Jun. 7, 5:29 PM
- Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO) is getting back into the M&A market after holding off on major deals for more than a year, as CEO Doug Waggoner tells WSJ the freight broker is now looking at smaller deals to “supplement what we do."
- “There are a lot of smaller players that don’t have the scale and don’t have the technology and they’re starting to realize that now is a good time to combine with somebody larger,” Waggoner says.
- Echo is most interested in bulking up its core transportation management services, which secures truck space for manufacturers and retailers, but could look outside its core business “if the right opportunity came along,” the CEO says.
- Various industry measures show shipping demand has been lagging behind 2015 volumes, and plentiful truck capacity has dragged down prices, cutting into revenues for freight brokers and putting financial pressure on smaller operators.
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:07 PM
- Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO): Q1 EPS of $0.24 in-line.
- Revenue of $405.28M (+43.0% Y/Y) misses by $4.15M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Thu, Feb. 4, 4:03 PM
- Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO): Q4 EPS of $0.28 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $407.17M (+35.7% Y/Y) misses by $17.71M.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACXM, AHL, AIV, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, BMI, CATM, CTRL, DATA, DCT, DECK, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ELY, ES, ESL, ESS, FLDM, FLT, G, GNW, HBI, HIG, IPHI, KRG, LGF, LNKD, MOBL, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NSR, NTGR, OMCL, OUTR, PCTY, PDM, PKI, POST, PPS, PXLW, QRVO, RDEN, RNG, SKYW, SRCL, SWIR, SXT, THG, TTMI, UBNT, UEPS, WAIR, YRCW
Dec. 23, 2015, 9:41 AM
- The American Trucking Association reports its truck tonnage index fell 0.9% M/M in November. The reading for November was 0.2% higher than the year-ago period.
- "With year-over-year gains averaging just 1.2% over the last three months, there has been a clear deceleration in truck tonnage," notes ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello.
- A high level of inventory in retail and the energy market slump could keep truck demand tepid, warns the ATA.
- Related stocks: ODFL, YRCW, RRTS, ECHO, HTLD, JBHT, SWFT, KNX, LSTR, UACL, ARCB, SAIA, CNW, XPO.
Oct. 29, 2015, 12:53 PM
Oct. 29, 2015, 10:40 AM
- Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO) is up 35% after reporting earnings and landing an upgrade from BB&T Trust to a Buy rating.
- The rally follows a 3-day slump in Echo in which shares peeled off over 28%.
- The company expanded net revenue margin in Q3 and grabbed market share amid a soft trucking market.
- Previously: Echo Global Logistics beats by $0.03, misses on revenue (Oct. 28 2015)
Oct. 28, 2015, 4:45 PM
- Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO): Q3 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $450M (+40.4% Y/Y) misses by $0.75M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AFFX, AFOP, AMGN, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, BANC, BLKB, BWLD, CACI, CAVM, CBL, CGI, CHDN, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNL, CNO, CNW, CRUS, CSGP, CW, CWT, DRE, DYAX, ECHO, ELLI, EPR, EQIX, EQY, ESIO, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FFIV, FMC, FORM, FORR, FR, GPRO, HBI, HLS, HOS, HT, HUBG, HY, INT, INVN, ISIL, KEX, KRA, KS, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NEM, NGD, NSIT, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OGS, OII, ORLY, OTEX, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, QUIK, REG, ROG, ROVI, RRC, SCI, SGI, SGMO, SIMO, SPN, SPRT, SPWR, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, THG, THRX, TILE, TLLP, TSO, TTMI, UNM, VAR, VECO, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WLL, WMB, WSTL, WTS, YELP
Oct. 27, 2015, 3:29 PM
- Railroad and trucking stocks are down today on a mix of news seen as negative for the transportation sector. UPS reported lower package volume in Q3 and durable-goods orders fell in September.
- Decliners include Norfolk Southern (NSC -3.6%), Union Pacific (UNP -5.1%), CSX Corporation (CSX -3.8%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -4.4%), Canadian Pacific(CP -5.4%), Canadian National Railway (CNI -3.9%), Genesee & Wyoming (GWR -5.3%), XPO Logistics (XPO -11.8%), Echo Global Logistics (ECHO -12.6%), C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW -2.8%), Radiant Logistics (RLGT -7.9%), FedEx (FDX -1.4%), Air T (AIRT -5.9%), and Air Transport Services (ATSG -3.2%).
- The iShares Dow Jones Transportation ETF (NYSEARCA:IYT) is down 2.7%.
- Related: Tough day for four wheelers (Oct. 27)