US Ecology Is Poised To Return To Higher Margins
Joshua S. Hall
Joshua S. Hall
Tue, Aug. 9, 3:59 PM
- US Ecology (ECOL -5.3%) is downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight with a $40 price target, cut from $48, at Barclays, which says municipal solid waste names are relatively expensive on historical measures at 22x estimated 2017 adjusted P/E.
- Barclays believes the municipal solid waste space is benefiting from strong industry fundamentals and investors' hunt for reliable yield, and continues to recommend new top pick Waste Connections (WCN +1.2%), Waste Management (WM +0.3%) and Republic Services (RSG +0.3%).
- But the firm says it is incrementally more cautious on specialty waste names such as ECOL and Clean Harbors (CLH -0.6%), given downside risk to H2 earnings due to project delays.
Wed, May 18, 12:55 PM
- Clean Harbors (CLH +1.5%) is initiated with an Overweight rating and $58 price target at Barclays, which expects Q2 to mark the trough in Y/Y earnings growth.
- The firm estimates that 25% of CLH's business is tied to crude oil prices including field services, lodging and oil recycling, and it expects these businesses to experience a lagged recovery on higher oil prices.
- Barclays says CLH's cyclical upside is supported by its highly regulated core hazardous waste incineration business, which the firm expects to contribute nearly 50% of 2016 EBITDA, providing a stable, non-oil related and recurring earnings stream.
- The firm also initiates US Ecology (ECOL +2.3%) with an Equal Weight rating and $48 price target, saying ECOL's unique asset base of hazardous waste landfills provides a foundation for long-term reliable earnings but shares are now fairly valued after recent appreciation.
Feb. 26, 2015, 4:43 PM
- US Ecology (NASDAQ:ECOL): Q4 EPS of $0.42 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $157.2M (+164.8% Y/Y) beats by $7.9M.
- Shares +2.9%.
Dec. 2, 2013, 9:53 AM
- US Ecology (ECOL -7.5%) slides in morning trading.
- The company says it now expects FY13 adjusted EPS of $1.75-1.80 versus previous guidance of $1.68-1.73 and adjusted EBITDA of $69-72M versus previous guidance of $67-69M.
- ECOL's 2014 outlook was less sanguine: "While we are still too early in the annual planning and sales cycle to make specific projections for 2014, preliminary indications show that 2014 growth rates will be tempered, at best, and 2014 results could even be down from the expected record results for 2013." (PR)
- The company also announced the commencement of a public offering of as many as 2.6M shares. (PR)
Oct. 29, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 28, 2013, 4:44 PM
- US Ecology (ECOL): Q3 EPS of $0.53 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $53.1M (+16% Y/Y) beats by $4.2M. Shares +6.1% AH. (PR)
US Ecology, Inc. is a radioactive and hazardous waste services company, which provides industrial waste management and recycling services to commercial and government entities, including refineries and chemical production facilities, manufacturers, electric utilities, steel mills, medical and... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Waste Management
Country: United States