What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Feb. 3, 11:54 AM
- Strayer Education (STRA +6.2%) is higher after Credit Suisse lines up a Neutral rating on the for-profit education stock and a $60 price target.
- The CS note is on the optimistic side that some stabilization will be seen this year.
- Other names in the beat-up sector on the move include Capella Education (CPLA +5.3%), DeVry (DV +3.4%), and Education Management (EDMC +6.4%).
Apr. 27, 2015, 1:37 PM
- For-profit education stocks are getting bashed after Corinithian Colleges (COCO -25.9%) closes all of its schools in a development that throws a spotlight on the sector.
- CNBC reports it's the largest shutdown in the history of higher education in the U.S.
- Previously: Education stocks on watch after Corinthian Colleges shuts down (Apr. 27 2015)
- Decliners: Apollo Education (NASDAQ:APOL) -1.5%, Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO) -7.1%, Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA) -1.7%, Lincoln Education (NASDAQ:LINC) -1.3%, Education Management (NASDAQ:EDMC) -4.1%, National American University Holdings (NASDAQ:NAUH) -1.8%, American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) -1.3%.
Mar. 31, 2015, 10:35 AM
- A group of Corinthian College (NASDAQ:COCO) students are attempting to back out of their student loan obligations after the company closed campuses to diminish the value of degrees from the institution.
- The students have some support from the CFPB in their bid for debt relief, although the federal agency won't advocate for non-payment.
- The development is another bright spotlight on a sector already reeling from enrollment losses.
- "I just turned 22 and I have this much debt and I have nothing to show for it," summed up one Corinthian student on her plight.
- On watch: Career Education (CECO -2.3%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -2.2%), Education Management (EDMC -7.3%), Strayer Education (STRA -1%), DeVry Education (DV -0.5%).
Mar. 25, 2015, 2:23 PM
- The for-profit education sector is full of volatility today.
- Apollo Education (APOL -27%) is getting shellacked off of a disappointing FQ2 earnings report.
- Enrollment guidance from Apollo came in below expectations.
- Peers Bridgepoint Education (BPI -3.7%), DeVry Education (DV -5.5%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -4.1%), Grand Canyon Education (LOPE -3.9%), and American Public Education (APEI -1.6%) are also lower in sympathy.
- National American University Holdings (NASDAQ:NAUH) is an outlier with a 3% gain, while microcap Education Management (NASDAQ:EDMC) is up a clean 20%.
- Trading volume is up across the sector.
- What to watch: A push by President Obama to make some forms of community college free is considered a threat to the sector.
Feb. 9, 2015, 1:28 PM
- Some education stocks are getting a second look from investors today to partially reverse what's been a decline in the sector for 2015 amid enrollment and student loan concerns.
- The rally has been underpinned with decent volume.
- Gainers: Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) +4.2%, ITT Educational Services (NYSE:ITT) +1.5%, Education Management Corporation (NASDAQ:EDMC) +2.7%, Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) +4.2%, DeVry Education (NYSE:DV) +2.1%.
Oct. 24, 2014, 12:52 PM
Oct. 24, 2014, 12:48 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 12:50 PM
Sep. 17, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 27, 2014, 12:46 PM
Aug. 15, 2014, 12:48 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Aug. 8, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 11:32 AM
- Education stocks are getting their knuckles rapped with Corinthian Colleges in financial distress.
- A harsh stance by the DOE toward Corinithian is a putting a fright into investors.
- Decliners: Career Education (CECO) -2.5%, ITT Educational Services (ESI) -2.6%, Strayer Education (STRA) -3.1%, DeVry Education (DV) -1.4%, Education Management (EDMC) -2.6%, Bridgepoint Education (BPI) -2.0%.
Jun. 10, 2014, 12:46 PM
May 22, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Dropping alongside Apollo Education Group on rumor of an Ackman short: ITT Education (ESI -24.1%), Strayer (STRA -4.2%), DeVry (DV -2.1%), Career Education (CECO -2.1%), Grand Canyon (LOPE -2.6%), American Public (APEI -2.8%), Education Management (EDMC -2.4%), Bridgepoint Education (BPI -2.4%), Lincoln Education (LINC -1.4%).
Education Management Corp along with its subsidiaries is engaged in providing post-secondary education in North America. It offers academic programs to its students through campus-based and online instruction, or through a combination of both.
Other News & PR