Stephen Simpson, CFA
Albert Alfonso • 23 Comments
Dec. 4, 2014, 3:25 PM
- Enbridge (ENB +10.8%) soars to all-time highs on heavy volume following news of its sweeping plan to raise its dividend by 33% and transfer ownership of its Canadian pipelines to affiliates in a bid to lower funding costs for future expansion and new projects.
- The dropdown allows ENB “to accelerate dividend growth immediately and for the next four-plus years,” ScotiaBank analyst Matthew Akman says.
- "It's another attempt to remove the conglomerate discount by streamlining its businesses," says Colin Cieszynski of CMC Markets.
- The move comes as rival TransCanada (TRP +1.6%) faces pressure from activist investors to overhaul its business, including accelerating dropdowns into its U.S.-based affiliate TC Pipelines (TCP +0.6%) and a spinoff of its power business.
- EEP +6.6%, EEQ +7.3%.
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:41 AM
- Enbridge (NYSE:ENB) +9.6% premarket after saying it will increase its dividend by 33% and transfer ownership of its Canadian pipelines to affiliates in an attempt to lower funding costs for future expansion and new projects.
- ENB plans to drop down its Canadian pipeline assets to its Enbridge Income Fund subsidiary and then raise up to C$800M in equity over the next three years through another affiliate, Enbridge Income Fund Holdings (OTC:EBGUF).
- The combined value of the pipeline assets involved in the transfer totals C$17B and includes the Canadian segment of the Alberta Clipper pipeline.
- ENB says it also is considering a similar move to restructure its U.S. assets by transferring them to its Enbridge Energy Partners (NYSE:EEP) affiliate.
Sep. 18, 2014, 5:36 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 9, 2013, 5:11 PM
- Enbridge Energy Management (EEQ) -3.4% AH after saying it commenced a public offering of ~8M of its listed shares.
- Proceeds will be used to invest in an equal number of i-units of Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP), which will pay down debt, finance a portion of its capex program relating to its core liquids and natural gas systems, and for general partnership purposes.
Feb. 26, 2013, 9:10 AM
Feb. 25, 2013, 5:45 PM
Enbridge Energy Management (EEQ) -4.9% AH after announcing a public offering of 9M shares. Proceeds will be used to invest in an equal number of i-units of Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP), who plans to utilize such proceeds to debt, finance a portion of its capital expansion program and for general partnership purposes. EEP +0.8% AH.| Feb. 25, 2013, 5:45 PM | 3 Comments