Nov. 23, 2015, 7:34 AM
- Equifax (NYSE:EFX) agrees to acquire Veda Group Limited for $1.8B, or A$2.825 per share. The cash for the deal is coming from senior credit facilities provided by a bank syndicate.
- Veda is the leading provider of consumer and commercial credit reporting in Oz and New Zealand, and also operates in a number of other Asia-Pacific markets through JVs.
- The deal is expected to close in Q1.
Oct. 6, 2015, 7:35 AM
- Equifax (NYSE:EFX) is now offering A$2.825 per share in cash for Veda Group Limited, boosting its offer by $75M, with an implied market cap of $1.7B. The offer is non-binding, and the Veda board will recommend it, assuming it becomes binding after Equifax does its due diligence.
Oct. 5, 2015, 7:05 PM
- Equifax (EFX +1.7%) confirms that it's increased its all-cash bid for Australia's Veda Group Limited, to A$2.825/share -- a $75M boost to the offer.
- That implies a market cap of about $1.7B for the credit info firm.
- The offer is non-binding, but Veda's board has indicated it will unanimously recommend the deal if it goes to a binding offer.
- Veda Group closed at A$2.65 in Sydney on Friday; Equifax's offer represents a 6.6% premium to that price.
Jan. 19, 2014, 2:00 AM