Jul. 21, 2014, 11:45 AM
- Gas Natural (EGAS +2.4%) says it rejected three "unsolicited and inadequate" proposals made by Algonquin Power & Utilities (OTCQB:AQUNF) during 2014 to acquire all outstanding shares for $10, $12 and finally for $13.
- Shares had spiked into the close Friday after a WSJ report broke the offers and are continuing higher in today's trade.
Jul. 21, 2014, 9:10 AM
Jul. 18, 2014, 4:37 PM
- Gas Natural (EGAS +6.7%) spiked into the close and is +4% AH after WSJ reports Algonquin Power & Utilities (OTCQB:AQUNF) has approached the natural gas distributor about a takeover three times this year.
- Algonquin sent letters to EGAS's board on Jan. 3, March 5 and May 15 outlining possible takeovers at respective prices of $10, $12 and $13 per share, according to the report.
- Algonquin acquired a ~4.9% stake in EGAS in April.
Oct. 30, 2013, 4:39 PM
- Gas Natural (EGAS) -4% AH after announcing it will offer ~1.1M shares of its common stock, of which 80K shares will be sold by the company, ~1M will be sold by the Chairman/CEO, and ~47K shares will be sold by the CFO.
- EGAS expects to use proceeds from shares sold by the company for capital expenditures, working capital, acquisitions and other general corporate purposes.
Jul. 11, 2013, 9:11 AM
Jul. 10, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jun. 27, 2012, 4:47 PM
Gas Natural (EGAS), -6.6% on the day after news that Chairman/CEO Richard Osborne would offer 700K shares of the company's stock, bounces up 1.4% AH as the offer is priced at $10.10/share. EGAS says it will not receive any proceeds from the sale.| Jun. 27, 2012, 4:47 PM | 1 Comment
Gas Natural Inc. is a natural gas company, which distributes and sells natural gas to end-use residential, commercial, and industrial customers. It operates through three segments: Natural Gas Operations, Marketing & Production, and Corporate & Other. The Natural Gas Operations segment... More
Industry: Gas Utilities
Country: United States