Egalet Has Significant Growth Potential
Fri, Jun. 24, 11:00 AM
Dec. 3, 2015, 7:29 PM
- Specialty pharmaceutical firm Egalet (EGLT -2.6%) says it's terminating a collaboration with Shionogi Limited (OTCPK:SGIOY) around an abuse-deterrent, extended-release hydrocodone candidate.
- The move ends a two-year relationship and means Egalet gains worldwide rights to the Phase 1 product candidate.
- The deal had means upfront and milestone payments totaling $20M and an investment of $15M in its stock connected to its 2014 IPO. Egalet says it terminated the deal "with the change in [Shinogi's] internal priorities."
Nov. 4, 2015, 12:44 PM
Oct. 12, 2015, 9:17 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Acura Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACUR) is up 13% premarket on light volume in response to its announcement that it has received a $2.5M milestone payment from licensee Egalet (NASDAQ:EGLT) triggered by the first commercial shipments of OXAYDO (oxycodone HCl) tablets that incorporate Acura's AVERSION abuse-deterrent technology.
- The milestone payment was part of the collaboration agreement signed in January. The contract also provides for an additional one-time payment of $12.5M when global net sales of OXAYDO reach $150M in a calendar year as well as tiered mid-single-digit to double-digit royalties.
- AVERSION is a patented mixture of gelling ingredients and nasal irritants designed to discourage typical methods of opioid abuse.
Jun. 26, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 21, 2015, 10:58 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Intellipharmaceutics (IPCI +17.3%) heads north on a 10x surge in volume in response to its announcement that the FDA may not require a Phase 3 study for its abuse-deterrent opioid candidate, Rexista Oxycodone XR, if bioequivalence to Purdue Pharma's Oxycontin is demonstrated. The company believes that its previously completed Phase 1 trials fulfill this criterion.
- The firm intends to file its New Drug Application (NDA) within the next 6 - 12 months. Approval is not guaranteed, however. After reviewing the data, the FDA may still require further studies.
- Rexista Oxycodone XR's formulation deters abuse by instantaneously coagulating and entrapping the drug in a viscous hydrogel when pulverized and hydrated. It is also designed to prevent dose dumping if taken with alcohol.
- Related tickers: (PTIE -1.9%)(DRRX)(COLL +1.9%)(ZGNX)(MNK -0.3%)(ACT +1.1%)(TEVA +1.6%)(ABBV -0.7%)(LCI -0.7%)(ALKS -1%)(EGLT -0.1%)(PFE -0.2%)(ACUR -2.4%)
Feb. 20, 2015, 1:37 PM
- Thinly-traded micro cap Egalet (EGLT +21.1%) continues its strong up move on double normal volume, albeit on modest turnover of 84K. Shares are up 2.5x since the January 22 breakout stoked by positive results from a human abuse liability (HAL) study of Egalet-001, an abuse-deterrent extended release oral morphine.
- Previously: Egalet up on HAL study (Jan. 23)
Feb. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
Feb. 4, 2015, 12:44 PM
Jan. 23, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jan. 23, 2015, 11:38 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Egalet (EGLT +32.7%) has jumped almost 60% since yesterday in response to its announcement of positive results from a Category 3 human abuse liability (HAL) study of Egalet-001 (abuse deterrent extended release oral morphine). The study showed that the abuse potential of Egalet-101 taken orally was significantly lower than that for manipulated MS Contin (morphine sulfate controlled-release).
- Egalet-001's abuse deterrent characteristics are based on the company's Guardian technology which makes the pill extremely hard, difficult to chew and resists common methods of physical and chemical manipulation. For example, it turns to gel when exposed to water.
- The company will disclose the results from additional abuse-deterrent studies later this year.
- Related tickers: (ZGNX +2.3%)(ACUR -1.6%)(ALKS +0.4%)
Jan. 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 2:09 PM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Egalet Corp. (EGLT -27.2%) plummets on a 3x surge in volume albeit on turnover of only 99K shares. At the close yesterday, the company reported that it will need to conduct additional clinical trials for Egalet-001, its abuse deterrent extended release oral morphine product candidate. In a crossover pharmacokinetic study, Egalet-001 failed its bioequivalence endpoint at the 90% CI (confidence interval).
Sep. 24, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 10, 2014, 12:46 PM
Mar. 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
Egalet Corp. develops and manufactures pharmaceutical products. It provides pipeline of clinical stage opioid based product candidates that are specifically designed to deter abuse by physical and chemical manipulation. It includes products SPRIX nasal spray and OXAYDO tablets which are used to... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR