May 5, 2015, 10:31 AM
- A big move higher in interest rates continues, with the 10-year Treasury yield up another six basis points to 2.20% - roughly the level at which it started the year (it fell as low as 1.65% in early February).
- The move here is small-time compared to what's going on across the pond, as the absurd levels of two weeks ago become somewhat less absurd. Ten-year Bund yields are up to 0.51% from 0.05%. Italian 10-years are up 30 bps today to 1.78%, with a similar move in Spain.
- The IYR is down 1.1%.
- Individual names: Realty Income (O -1.3%), Senior Housing Properties (SNH -1.5%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW -2.4%), Gramercy Property Trust (GPT -1.8%), Equity Residential (EQR -1.4%), AvalonBay (AVB -1.5%), Government Properties (GOV -2.3%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB -2%), Eastgroup Properties (EGP -1.6%), American Campus (ACC -1.4%).
- Mortgage REITS (REM -0.6%) are outperforming the equity names: Annaly (NLY -0.7%), American Capital Agency (AGNC -0.6%), Two Harbors (TWO -0.7%), CYS Investments (CYS -0.3%), Invesco (IVR -0.2%).
Apr. 20, 2015, 10:29 AM
- Commercial real estate may be getting perky and the industrial names are outliers to the upside in the REIT sector today after Prologis' $5.9B purchase of KTR Capital Partners, announced over the weekend.
- First Industrial Realty (FR +1.5%), DCT Industrial Trust (DCT +1.6%), Eastgroup Properties (EGP +1.2%), Chambers Street (CSG +1.4%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SCHH, ICF, SRS, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FREL, WREI
- Previously: Prologis inks $5.9B portfolio purchase deal (April 19)
Apr. 10, 2015, 9:52 AM
- Chambers Street Properties (CSG +1.3%) and Rexford Industrial Realty (REXR +1.5%) are both started with Buys. Also rated Buy is Terreno Realty (TRNO +0.6%).
- Initiated at Neutral are Duke Realty (DRE +0.4%), Eastgroup Properties (EGP +1.8%), Monmouth Real Estate (MNR), and Stag Industrial (STAG +0.3%).
Jan. 3, 2014, 10:51 AM
- "Our $57 price target is a weighted average of our $60 forward NAV, $57 discounted cash flow, and a 'targeted' 18x multiple on 2015 AFFO," says ISI, initiating Eastgroup Properties (EGP +1.6%) at Hold.
- The team likes Eastgroup and likes the sector in which it invests - industrial properties in the Sun Belt - but doesn't find the valuation compelling, noting the stock's high relative multiple to other REITs.
Apr. 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
Liberty Property Trust (LRY +1.8%) is upgraded while EastGroup Properties (EGP +0.5%) is reduced by Cowen & Co. LRY "is executing well on its portfolio repositioning plan that includes reducing its exposure to suburban office and increasing its weighting in industrial and CBD office"; the firm is less impressed with EGP’s prospects.| Apr. 12, 2012, 11:49 AM