VAALCO Energy, Inc.NYSE
Staying Bullish On Vaalco Energy
Tue, Nov. 8, 5:20 PM
Mon, Nov. 7, 5:35 PM
Thu, Sep. 15, 11:47 AM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY -5%) is lower on news that it again temporarily shut in a well on its Avouma platform off Gabon due to ongoing pump problems.
- EGY has suffered several problems with its electrical submersible pumps in recent months, causing failures at the Avouma 2-H and South Tchibala 2-H wells, and says it is in the process of mobilizing a hydraulic workover unit to the platform to recover failed ESPs.
- EGY also says its Gabon operations have not been affected by recent activities in the country related to last month's presidential election.
Fri, Aug. 26, 10:57 AM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY +3.8%) is higher after saying it resumed production from a shut-in well at the Avouma platform offshore Gabon after installing a new electric submersible pump.
- EGY says the 2-H well at Avouma Platform in the Etame Marin permit is now producing "at a stable rate" of 1,850 gross bbl/day, or 450 bbl/day net to the company.
- EGY says the well was producing ~2,700 gross bbl/day prior to the first pump failure but is flowing the well at a lower rate as it monitors performance of the new pump.
Fri, Aug. 12, 9:13 AM
- Vaalco Energy (NYSE:EGY) says it received a continued listing standard notice from the NYSE regarding the minimum share price requirement that its average closing price must not fall below $1/share for more than 30 consecutive trading days.
- EGY says it will notify the NYSE of its intent to regain compliance with the continued listing standards within the required six-month period.
Mon, Aug. 8, 4:43 PM
Sun, Aug. 7, 5:35 PM
- AMPH, APLE, ARNA, ATSG, BKD, BLCM, BOJA, BWXT, CAI, CC, CLDX, CLNY, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CSLT, CUI, CVG, DTSI, DVA, EGN, EGY, ELNK, ENDP, ENV, FNV, HTZ, ICUI, IFF, IPHI, JPEP, KITE, LC, LXU, MAIN, MBI, MCHP, MODN, MTW, MXL, NCMI, NILE, NPTN, NUAN, NVGS, NVRO, NWSA, ONDK, OPK, OTTR, PFSW, PHH, PKY, PNM, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, RARE, RAX, RBA, RBC, REN, RMTI, ROG, RPD, RSPP, RWT, SHO, SINA, SREV, TUBE, TVIA, TWLO, VSLR, WB, WBMD, ZLTQ
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:09 AM
- Vaalco Energy (NYSE:EGY) announces the retirement of CEO Steve Guidry, effective Sept. 1; COO Cary Bounds will become interim CEO while the board searches for a new leader.
- Guidry joined in 2013 from from Marathon Oil, where he spent 30 years with his last post as VP of business development; he also had headed MRO's units in Libya and central Africa.
- Earlier this week, EGY acquired an additional 3.23% participating interest in the Etame Marin permit located offshore Gabon; production from the Etame block averaged ~19K bbl/day of oil in Q2.
Thu, May 12, 4:37 PM
- Vaalco Energy (NYSE:EGY) says CFO Don McCormack is resigning effective June 2 to pursue other opportunities.
- EGY says McCormack's departure was not related to any issues regarding financial disclosures, accounting or legal matters.
- EGY says its Chief Accounting Officer and Controller, and its VP of Strategic Planning, Marketing and Treasurer will report to the CEO during the search for a new CFO.
Fri, May 6, 12:17 AM
- VAALCO Energy (NYSE:EGY): Q1 EPS of -$0.14 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.09.
- Revenue of $11M (-39.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.66M.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Wed, Mar. 16, 4:45 PM
- VAALCO Energy (NYSE:EGY): Q4 EPS of -$0.23 misses by $0.12.
- Revenue of $17.5M (-24.0% Y/Y) misses by $1.09M.
Tue, Mar. 15, 11:49 AM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY -4.1%) gives up early gains that followed news it had received $19M cash from its partner in Angola, Sonangol P&P, which represents the full amount due for its share of past costs outstanding, including interest, at Dec. 31.
- EGY says it will temporarily delay the filing of its financial statements to reflect the development.
Sun, Mar. 13, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 18, 12:48 PM
Tue, Jan. 26, 6:57 PM
- Vaalco Energy (NYSE:EGY) says it has formed a strategic committee to explore a range of strategic alternatives, including securing additional investment to support existing projects and growth opportunities, joint ventures, asset sales or farm-outs, and the potential sale or merger of the company.
- EGY says it is deferring plans to build the offshore Gabon Etame Marin crude sweetening project until oil prices recover to levels that support positive economic returns, and does not plan to drill any more wells this year.
- EGY says Q4 net production averaged 4,859 boe/day, up 31% Y/Y, and for FY 2015 averaged 4,627 boe/day, up 16% Y/Y.