Staying Bullish On Vaalco Energy
Timing The Bottom At VAALCO Energy
Vince Martin • 10 Comments
Vince Martin • 10 Comments
Tue, Mar. 15, 11:49 AM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY -4.1%) gives up early gains that followed news it had received $19M cash from its partner in Angola, Sonangol P&P, which represents the full amount due for its share of past costs outstanding, including interest, at Dec. 31.
- EGY says it will temporarily delay the filing of its financial statements to reflect the development.
Thu, Feb. 18, 12:48 PM
Dec. 23, 2015, 2:53 PM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY +12.7%) is up sharply after accepting activist investors' demands for board positions, after a Delaware court ruled invalid a provision in the company's charter that makes it more difficult to remove board members.
- Under the terms of a new agreement with Bradley Radoff and other participants collectively called Group 42-BLR Group, which owns ~11.1% of EGY’s outstanding stock, two incumbent directors will retire from the board, and EGY will appoint Group 42 chairman Michael Keane to its board as well as the nominating and corporate governance and compensation committees.
- EGY also will separate its chairman and CEO roles; Andrew Fawthrop will become chairman, and Keane will become vice chairman, effective immediately.
Sep. 17, 2015, 12:41 PM
Sep. 17, 2015, 11:18 AM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY +16.7%) surges on news it has begun flowing oil from its first development well on the North Tchibala field offshore Gabon at a rate slightly above 3K bbl/day; 750 bbl/day are net to EGY.
- The well was drilled to ~11,160 ft., targeting the undeveloped Dentale reservoir; the Dentale formation is productive in fields onshore Gabon, but EGY says its well is the first Dentale production for the industry from that horizon in Gabon's offshore waters.
- EGY says results from the North Tchibala 1-H well exceeded expectations, and believes the field has significant reserve upside.
Aug. 6, 2015, 5:05 PM
- VAALCO Energy (NYSE:EGY): Q2 EPS of $0.01 in-line.
- Revenue of $27.1M (-48.0% Y/Y) beats by $6.87M.
- Shares +15% AH.
Aug. 4, 2015, 3:48 PM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY +5.8%) surges after authorizing a new stock buyback for up to 5.8M of its common shares over the next 18 months.
- If EGY buys back and retires all 5.8 million shares, it would reduce the number of outstanding shares by about 10%.
- Entering today's session, the stock had dropped slightly more than 80% over the past 12 months.
Jul. 20, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jul. 20, 2015, 11:33 AM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY +15.2%) is one of the day's few gainers among energy explorers after reporting that its Southeast Etame 2-H well was brought online at the rate of ~3,400 bbl/day of oil.
- EGY says the well is producing from the Gamba formation, which is the source of all other EGY production in the Etame Marin permit area but the first production from the new, previously unproduced field.
- EGY says the well is the first drilled and placed on production at its new Southeast Etame/North Tchibala platform located in ~260 ft. of water offshore Gabon.
Jul. 2, 2015, 12:45 PM
Apr. 16, 2015, 5:37 PM
Apr. 14, 2015, 12:45 PM
Apr. 14, 2015, 10:59 AM
- Vaalco Energy (EGY +16.3%) soars higher after announcing first production from its Etame 12-H development well drilled from the Etame platform offshore Gabon.
- The well was drilled to a measured depth of ~3,450 meters targeting the recently discovered, untapped lower lobe of the Gamba reservoir; following completion operations, the well was brought online at the rate of ~2K bbl/day.
- Etame 12-H is an offset well to the Etame 10-H well which began producing in February at a rate of 3K bbl/day and was the first oil production from the recently commissioned Etame platform.
Apr. 14, 2015, 9:12 AM
Apr. 8, 2015, 5:38 PM
Mar. 31, 2015, 12:45 PM
VAALCO Energy, Inc. is an independent energy company, which engages in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas. The company's operations are based in Gabon, Angola, Equatorial Guinea and the United States. The operations of all segments include... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Independent Oil & Gas
Country: United States
Other News & PR