May. 24, 2014, 3:39 PM
- Revenue from online gaming continues to disappoint in New Jersey. The Internet win for April for major players Borgata (BYD, MGM), Caesars Interactive (CZR), Trump, and Golden Nugget came in at $11.4M - less than $11.8M brought in during March. Original forecasts called for a take of over $30M a month in 2014.
- Easy access to illegal online gambling operators is thought to be reducing customer traffic. As a result, gaming companies are having a tough time capturing their investments as quickly as anticipated and are turning conservative.
- Boyd Gaming says it will cut advertising after recording a $3.2M loss from its Internet gaming business in Q1, while 888 Holdings (EIHDF) is shifting ad dollars to slots.
- The total gaming win in New Jersey (online and brick-and-mortar casinos) through April is down 1.2% to $874M. (Full report .pdf)
- The impact on brick-and-mortar casino traffic from legalized online gaming has been negligible so far in Nevada as well.
- Related: Online casinos face a hurdle from within the industry
- Casino stocks: TPCA, PNK, PENN, LVS, WYNN, MGM, MCRI, ISLE, CNTY, IGT, BYI, PTEK, MGAM
Nov. 15, 2013, 2:20 PM
- Payments companies are ruining the online poker party in its infancy as major players such as PayPal (EBAY), American Express, and Bank of America have decided not to process transactions.
- Mastercard (MA +1.1%) and Visa (V +1.1%) are allowing the transaction in states where online gambling is legal, but card issuers have the final say.
- Related stocks: CZR, BYD, MGM, EIHDF, WYNN, IGT,
Sep. 23, 2013, 2:12 PM
- 888 Holdings (EIHDF.PK) inks a deal with Wynn Resorts (WYNN +0.2%) to help the gaming concern launch online poker in Nevada and New Jersey.
- The U.K. firm is now the third largest online poker vendor, according to player tracking data.
- Wondering what this online poker buzz is all about? Bluff Magazine has a nice teardown of Caesar Entertainment's (CZR -1.3%) new WSOP poker website.
Sep. 17, 2013, 1:23 PM
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR +5.5%) says it will launch its real-money online poker site on 9/19 at 9:19 AM PDT.
- In a twist to the launch that will keep politicians hopping, the company says it will support "shared liquidity" with other states outside of Nevada in order to open up the number of players that can match poker wits.
- Gibraltar firm 888 Holdings (EIHDF.PK) is also taking part of the online rake under its partnership with Caesars.
Apr. 15, 2013, 3:25 AMBetfair (BTFRF.PK) jumps 12% in London after CVC Capital Partners confirms it's in early-stage talks with the company about a bid. "CVC's interest could well prove the catalyst for other interested parties," Peel Hunt says. Keep an eye on William Hill (WIMHF.PK), Ladbrokes (LDBKF.PK), Bwin.party (PYGMF.PK) and 888 Holdings (EIHDF.PK) - mentioned in this recent article by Robert Geoghan on U.K. gambling stocks. | Comment!
Mar. 22, 2013, 5:28 AMAs expected, Nevada has granted 888 Holdings (EIHDF.PK) a gambling license to operate in the state, making the U.K.-listed company the first online gaming firm to receive a permit in the U.S. The move could have repercussions for Caesars Entertainment (CZR) and WMS Industries (WMS) - both of which have a partnership with 888 - Century Casinos (CNTY), Zynga (ZNGA), International Game Technology (IGT) and others. | 5 Comments
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:38 AMFacebook (FB) expands further into the world of gambling as it ties a up a deal with U.K.-listed 888 Holdings (EIHDF.PK) to offer real-money bingo, casinos and slot games, although not poker. The partnership follows Facebook introducing a bingo app with Gamesys in August. 888, meanwhile, says that its "Facebook freemium (play-for-fun) offerings have found a significant audience." | 3 Comments
EIHDF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR