Thu, Nov. 5, 4:17 PM
Wed, Nov. 4, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Fri, Aug. 7, 1:00 PM
- Along with its Q2 results, Echelon (NASDAQ:ELON) has announced it plans to seek shareholder approval for a reverse split (expected to be 1:10) to regain Nasdaq minimum bid compliance. No word yet on the split date.
- The industrial automation hardware/software provider also says it plans to "consider a wide range of available options, including, among other things, partnerships, strategic business model alternatives, recapitalization, disposition of one or more corporate assets, or a possible business combination or sale of the Company, in addition to continued pursuit of the Company as a stand-alone entity." Goldman has been hired to advise.
- Q3 guidance is for revenue of $9.5M-$10.3M and EPS of -$0.02 to -$0.04, favorable to a consensus of $9.5M and -$0.06. Echelon notes it saw strong demand for its networked lighting control offerings in Q2, and had a "meaningful design win" for its building automation business.
- Echelon ended Q2 with $26.5M in cash/short-term investments, and no debt.
- Q2 results, PR
Thu, Aug. 6, 4:21 PM
Wed, Aug. 5, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALNY, AMBR, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANAD, ANET, ASEI, ASYS, ATHX, BBG, BEAT, BIO, BITA, BOJA, BRKS, BRS, CECO, CENX, CERS, CLVS, CPST, CSOD, CUB, CUBE, CVT, CYTX, DIOD, DMD, DRYS, EAC, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, EGY, ELON, EOG, ERII, ESPR, EVC, FLDM, FLTX, FPRX, FXCM, FXEN, GALE, GEOS, GNMK, GSBD, GXP, HNSN, HTGC, HUBS, IMI, IMPV, INWK, IRG, JMBA, KTOS, LGF, MAIN, MDVN, MHK, MNST, NDLS, NEWR, NFG, NPTN, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, ORIG, OSTK, OUT, PACD, PETX, PLNR, PODD, POST, PRO, RBA, RBCN, RIGP, RJET, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SFM, SHO, SKUL, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TRXC, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, VRNS, VSAT, WAIR, WIFI, WING, XOMA, XOXO, ZNGA
Fri, May 15, 10:43 AM
- Echelon (ELON +1.9%) is making a $10M up-front cash payment and $900K worth of 2015 lease payments to rid itself of $21.4M worth of lease obligations for its 150K-sq. foot San Jose HQ. (PR)
- The terminated leases lasted through 2020. Echelon expects the deal to yield $400K-$600K/quarter in facilities-related savings for the rest of 2015, and produce $1.5M/quarter in depreciation expenses for the rest of the year.
- The industrial automation hardware/software provider had $38.2M in cash/short-term investments at the end of Q1, and no debt. 2014 free cash flow was -$11.7M.
Mon, May 11, 4:19 PM
Mon, May 11, 4:19 PM
Sun, May 10, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, ARCW, ARNA, ASEI, ATHX, BDE, CALL, CHMI, CLNE, CYTX, DEPO, DRYS, DTSI, EAC, ELON, FF, FMC, FMI, FTEK, FXEN, GBDC, GTY, HALO, HI, IPAR, IPXL, JUNO, LPSN, MBI, MCC, MDR, MNTX, MODN, MR, MTZ, MVNR, OME, OMER, ONTY, OPK, ORIG, PAAS, PEIX, PINC, PVA, RAX, REN, SCLN, SF, SFXE, TCRD, TEP, TRQ, TTEC, UNXL, VRTU, XON, YY, ZGNX
Fri, Apr. 10, 9:32 AM
Thu, Mar. 12, 11:32 AM
- A day after making a fresh 52-week low of $1.06, Echelon (ELON +3.8%) is rebounding a bit. The industrial automation tech provider filed its 2014 10-K this morning.
- Shares remain down 18% from where they traded before Echelon provided subdued Q1 guidance on Feb. 10 to go with a Q4 beat. Its market cap ($48.2M) is just a little above a Q4-ending cash balance of $42.2M.
Wed, Feb. 11, 11:23 AM
- Though Echelon (NASDAQ:ELON) beat Q4 estimates, it's guiding for Q1 revenue of $8.6M-$9.6M and EPS of -$0.04 to -$0.07, in-line with a consensus of $9.4M and -$0.06 and slightly below at the midpoints.
- When asked about the outlook on the CC (transcript), CFO Bill Slakey mentioned Echelon expects its outdoor lighting control systems business to grow Q/Q, but its building automation business to be "slightly flat to down."
- Also: After accounting for the sale of its smart grid products unit, gross margin fell to 55.7% from 60.8% a year ago. Echelon attributes the drop to lower sales to Italian utility Enel.
- Slakey estimated Echelon needs annual sales of $55M-$65M to breakeven. The 2015 revenue consensus is currently at $42.2M, and the EPS consensus at -$0.25.
- Shares have fallen to new 52-week lows. Echelon ended 2014 with $42.2M in cash/short-term investments, and $15.4M in long-term liabilities. Its market cap is currently $54.1M.
- Q4 results, PR
Tue, Feb. 10, 4:11 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jan. 14, 1:20 PM
- A slew of tech companies have posted steep losses on a day the Nasdaq is down 1%.
- Major decliners include Pandora (P -5%), LED giant Cree (CREE -5.9%), cloud HR software leader Workday (WDAY -4.1%), chipmakers Ambarella (AMBA -5.3%), Pixelworks (PXLW -3.7%), Audience (ADNC -3.6%), Spansion (CODE -4.4%), and Cypress (CY -3.9%) (the last two are merger partners), OLED materials/IP provider Universal Display (OLED -4.2%), industrial automation tech provider Echelon (ELON -4.8%), and P2P lending giant/recent IPO LendingClub (LC -4.8%).
- Possibly affecting OLED: LG Display (NYSE:LPL) has been ordered to halt operations at an OLED TV panel production line following a gas leak that killed two workers.
- Cree and Pandora aren't far removed from their 52-week lows; the former reports on Jan. 20, and the latter on Feb. 5. LendingClub, whose selloff follows a volatile Tuesday, could be affected by a neutral coverage launch from Susquehanna.
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:22 PM
Other News & PR