Callaway Golf CompanyNYSE
Callaway Golf: Resistance Looks Tough To Break
Callaway Golf Is Getting Tempting
Wed, Nov. 16, 1:53 PM
Fri, Nov. 4, 12:00 PM
Thu, Nov. 3, 5:03 PM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACET, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, AMBC, AMBR, AMED, AMH, ANET, ATSG, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BNFT, BOJA, BRS, CARA, CARB, CBS, CDR, CECO, CERS, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, COGT, CPSI, CRC, CSC, CSOD, CTRL, CWST, DCO, DCT, ECOM, ECR, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELY, EOG, EPR, EVC, EXEL, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FNGN, FOSL, FPRX, GCAP, GERN, GLUU, GNMK, GNW, GPRO, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GUID, GXP, HCI, HDP, HIL, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, INVN, IVR, JJSF, KAR, KHC, KMPR, KW, LADR, LCI, LGF, LGND, LNT, LOCO, LVS, LXU, MAIN, MDRX, MED, MEDP, MELI, MHK, MITT, MMI, MNST, MRC, MSI, MTD, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NE, NFG, NKTR, NNI, NPTN, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OTEX, OVAS, PBA, PCTY, PDLI, PEN, PETX, PFMT, PODD, QLYS, QRVO, RATE, RMAX, RP, RPXC, RTRX, RVNC, SBUX, SEM, SJI, SLCA, SPPI, SPXC, SSNI, STAA, STAG, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, SYMC, TAHO, THG, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TS, TSRO, TWLO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, UEPS, VRNS, VTL, WEB, WGL, WIFI, WTW, XLRN
Fri, Oct. 28, 11:13 AM
- Acushnet Holdings (NASDAQ:GOLF) is up 3.71% off where the IPO was priced earlier today.
- The 19.333M shares being sold by the company are all from existing shareholders.
- The company's IPO filing indicates that it sees huge global opportunities for golf. Brands owned by Acushnet include Titleist, FootJoy, Scotty Cameron and Knight.
- The other pure-play golf bet in the U.S. is Callaway Golf (NYSE:ELY), which has actually outperformed the S&P 500 Index this year by a wide margin.
- Previously: Titleist owner drives for IPO (Oct. 17)
- Previously: Acushnet Holdings prices IPO (Oct. 28)
- SEC Form S-1
Mon, Sep. 19, 12:32 PM
- Under Armour (UA +0.4%), Callaway Golf (ELY +1.1%), and Nike (NKE +0.1%) are suffering some short-term pain due to the bankruptcy of Golfsmith, according to Retail Dive.
- The store closings will impact golf apparel, equipment, and footwear sales this quarter, and there's also the matter of outstanding amounts owed to the trio.
- Naturally, the Golfsmith development is more significant for Callaway Golf than UA or Nike, although all three companies have been resetting golf strategy this year amid worrisome demand in the category.
- Previously: Golfsmith files bankruptcy (Sept. 14)
Mon, Aug. 29, 1:29 PM
- Callaway Golf Company (NYSE:ELY) announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire putter specialist Toulon Design.
- Sean Toulon, the company's co-founder, will join the Callaway Golf team as SVP, Callaway Golf and General Manager, Odyssey Brand.
- The company says the acquisition of Toulon Design strengthens its position in the putter category Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- The golf category has narrowed in the last few months with Nike and Adidas both pulling back a bit.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Aug. 16, 12:50 PM
- Callaway Golf (NYSE:ELY) is down 1.4% after Dick's reports some underwhelming results for its Golf Galaxy chain.
- Golf Galaxy's same-store sales fell 4.3% in Q2 to miss the -1.5% mark expected by analysts.
- Golf Galaxy sells a wide variety of Callaway products.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods beats by $0.13, beats on revenue (Aug. 16)
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods rallies after same-store sales shine (Aug. 16)
Thu, Aug. 11, 6:00 AM
Tue, Aug. 9, 10:55 AM
- Jefferies continues to see shares of Callaway Golf (ELY +0.3%) as attractive following the exit of Nike from the business of selling golf clubs.
- Analyst Randal Konik points to Callaway's 15% stake in TopGolf as an underappreciated asset. He rates shares a Buy on his view that Callaway's momentum will continue.
- Shares of ELY are up 22% YTD.
- Konik ranks #1,490 out of the 4,105 analysts listed on TipRanks.com.
Thu, Aug. 4, 8:44 AM
- Shares of Callaway Golf (NYSE:ELY) could see some action today after Nike decides to stop selling golf equipment.
- The exit by Nike leaves the golf club business wide open for Callaway and TaylorMade.
- Earlier this year, Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY) began the process of looking for a buyer for the TaylorMade golf division.
- ELY +6.33% premarket to $11.25 on very light volume.
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:44 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Fri, Jul. 1, 7:45 AM
- Callaway Golf Company (NYSE:ELY) announced completion of the previously announced joint venture between its Tokyo-based subsidiary, Callaway Golf K.K., and TSI Groove & Sports, a premier apparel manufacturer in Japan.
- Callaway Golf will hold a 52% stake in the new venture and will be effective from July,1.
- The company's recent guidance includes the completion of the joint venture.
- Press Release
Tue, Jun. 21, 7:09 AM
- Jefferies backs its positive view on Callaway Golf (NYSE:ELY) after hosting management at a consumer conference.
- Analyst Randal Konik believe Callaway will continue to gain market share and points to the unrealized value of the 15% stake in the growing TopGolf business.
- ELY is rated at Buy and assigned a price target of $14 by Jefferies.
- Shares of ELY are up 10% YTD and sit just pennies off their 52-week high.
Mon, May 23, 7:28 AM
- Wunderlich Securities upgrades Callaway Golf (NYSE:ELY) to a Buy rating.
- The rating action follows a quarter when Dick's Sporting Goods reported improved results at its Golf Galaxy chain.
- Callaway tipped off with its own Q1 report that it expects a back-half loaded year for revenue growth due to a reset of its product launch schedule.