SA News • Thu, Oct. 16
There are no Focus articles on EMFM.
There are no Transcripts on EMFM.
Thu, Oct. 16, 3:04 PM
- The iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Horizon ETF (BATS:EMHZ) is a "smaller version" of the iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (NYSEARCA:EEM), and will hold the bottom 25% of EEM's market cap by country, meaning countries like Mexico, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand will dominate the fund, as opposed to the BRICs, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Other relatively recent launches in this category are: The $309M EGShares Beyond BRICs ETF (NYSEARCA:BBRC) launched in August 2012, the $151M Global X Next Emerging & Frontier ETF (NYSEARCA:EMFM) launched last November, and the $3M SPDR MSCI EM Beyond BRIC ETF (NYSEARCA:EMBB) - a version of EEM which excludes the BRICs, but leaves South Korea and Taiwan.
Wed, Jan. 15, 12:35 PM
- You could have made the same bear case against emerging markets 10 years ago and you would have missed a decade of outperformance, says Everest Capital chief Marko Dimitrijevic, rebutting Goldman's recommendation to cut holdings in the sector. "If you reduce or ignore emerging markets, you're going to miss on literally hundreds of companies that are great."
- Overall, Dimitrijevic overall return estimates are just slightly higher than Goldman's, but the real alpha is to be made in specific sectors - education in Brazil, infrastructure in Mexico, retail, cement, oil and gas in Colombia, and consumer plays in Saudi Arabia.
- Everest is most bullish on frontier markets, or, as Dimitrijevic calls them, "EM 2.0." "It's a secular opportunity that reminds us very much of what now-mainstream emerging markets were like 15 or 20 years ago."
- Everest had a big year in 2013, gaining 41.2%. Its dedicated Frontier fund rose 28.8%.
- Emerging market ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, DGS, EDZ, EEMV, EEB, SCHE, EDIV, IEMG, DVYE, BIK, EWX, EEV, BKF, PIE, CEW, ADRE, HILO, EUM, FNI, EET, GMM, PXH, EEMS, BBRC, EELV, FEMS, EEME, EMDD, BICK, EMCR, DBEM, FEM, EWEM, JEM, EVAL, EMLB, EMBB, EEHB, EGRW, TLTE, FNDE, EMSA, EMHD, EMDR, EMFT
- Frontier/MENA ETFs: FM, FRN, EMFM, AFK, GULF, GAF, MES, PMNA
Wed, Jan. 15, 4:16 AM
- The World Bank expects global economic expansion to accelerate to 3.2% in 2014 from 2.4% in 2013, led by advanced economies that seem "to be finally turning the corner" following the financial crisis.
- In its Global Economic Prospects report, the bank also forecasts growth of 3.4% in 2015 and 3.5% in 2016.
- The bank predicts that the U.S. will expand 2.8% this year, up from 1.8% last year.
- While the Fed's scaling back of its bond-buying program is one headwind for global prospects, stronger growth in high-income countries should offset the impact of the taper, the bank says. (PR)
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, EFA, EDC, VEA, VT, FM, EDZ, EEB, SCHE, IEMG, FRN, BIK, ACWI, EEV, BKF, PIE, IOO, CEW, ADRE, IEFA, EUM, FNI, DZK, EET, PIZ, DPK, GWX, GMM, BBRC, EFZ, URTH, ONEF, EFU, DGT, DBEF, EEME, FIGY, EMDD, MFLA, EMCR, BICK, DBEM, PXF, EFO, ADRD, FEM, EWEM, RWV, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, FNDF, TOK, EMFM, IFSM, EMSA, IDHQ, FWDI, EMDR, EMFT, FDT
Nov. 14, 2013, 3:33 PM
- It's the MINT countries whose prospects most excite Jim O'Neill. The coiner of the BRIC acronym (he didn't invent MINT) likes the favorable demographics and economic prospects of Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Turkey over the next two decades.
- He notes the optimism in places like Indonesia, where policymakers (and shoppers) are talking about economic growth of 7%, contrasted to Russia, whose economy minister suggested 2.5% growth over the next 20 years.
- Mexico ETFs: EWW, UMX, SMK
- Indonesia ETFs: IDX, EIDO, IDXJ
- Frontier markets ETFs: FM, FRN, EMFM
- Turkey ETF: TUR
Nov. 7, 2013, 1:33 PM
- Looking like it's set to launch soon is the Global X Next Emerging & Frontier ETF (EMFM), with expense ratio of 0.58%.
- With the BRICs theme played out for the moment, the new new thing is beyond BRICs, and this fund joins the EGShares Beyond BRICs ETF (BBRC). Also in the works from State Street is its own beyond BRICs ETF.
EMFM vs. ETF Alternatives
The Global X Next Emerging & Frontier ETF seeks to provide investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the Solactive Next Emerging & Frontier Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR