Thu, Aug. 4, 4:22 PM
Tue, Jul. 12, 11:52 AM
- EMCORE Corporation (EMKR +1.75%) announced that it has been awarded a $3M contract to supply Fiber Optic Gyroscope (FOG) modules to a major U.S. prime contractor. The contract for FOG modules is largest for airborne navigation systems application and has potential for additional FOG shipments totaling $15M over a five-year period.
- “This is an important validation of our Mixed-Signal optics strategy, and an application where we expect to see significant growth potential over the next several years. We are extremely pleased to win this contract, and to supply our FOG modules in volume to one of our most valued customers.” said Dr. K.K. Wong, Director of Fiber Optic Gyro Products for EMCORE.
Thu, Jul. 7, 9:16 AM
Wed, Jul. 6, 5:39 PM
Wed, Jul. 6, 4:45 PM
- Emcore (NASDAQ:EMKR) +12.2% AH following a trading halt, announcing that it has completed its strategic review and will distribute a $1.50/share special dividend.
- As part of its strategic review process, EMKR says it analyzed its products and evaluated its growth opportunities in existing and adjacent markets, concluding that it could fully leverage its core competency in Mixed-Signal Optics in both existing and new markets.
- EMKR says it has returned $85M of cash to its shareholders since June 2015, representing ~50% of the cash received from operations sold in the prior fiscal year.
Wed, Jul. 6, 4:13 PM
Wed, Jun. 8, 10:01 AM
Thu, May 5, 4:53 PM
- EMCORE (NASDAQ:EMKR): FQ2 EPS of $0.02 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $21.53M (+13.0% Y/Y) misses by $0.97M.
Thu, Feb. 4, 4:59 PM
- EMCORE (NASDAQ:EMKR): FQ1 EPS of $0.05 in-line.
- Revenue of $22.5M (+22.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.5M.
Dec. 8, 2015, 4:05 PM
- EMCORE (NASDAQ:EMKR): FQ4 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $23.01M (+60.9% Y/Y) in-line.
Aug. 4, 2015, 4:43 PM
- EMCORE (NASDAQ:EMKR): FQ3 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $21.19M (+55.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.28M.
May 7, 2015, 3:36 PM
- Tech companies rallying after posting calendar Q1 reports include online textbook rental/learning services provider Chegg (CHGG +14.6%), salvage auction site Liquidity Services (LQDT +10.3%), optical component maker Emcore (EMKR +6.7%), and health site owner WebMD (WBMD +6.7%).
- Companies declining following earnings include cloud fleet management software vendor Fleetmatics (FLTX -6.8%), seismic hardware provider Ion Geophysical (IO -11.8%), and online stock photo marketplace Shutterstock (SSTK -4.7%).
- Chegg beat Q1 estimates on the back of an 89% Y/Y increase in digital revenue (now 39% of total revenue. Q2 revenue guidance of $61M-$65M and full-year guidance of $300M-$315M is respectively favorable to consensus estimates of $62.2M and $304.3M at the midpoints.
- Beaten-down Liquidity beat FQ2 estimates while reporting a 16.6% Y/Y drop in GMV to $189.4M. FQ3 guidance is for GMV of $175M-$200M and EPS of $0.05-$0.10 (below an $0.11 consensus).
- Emcore beat FQ2 estimates and is guiding for FQ3 broadband fiber division revenue of $19M-$21M, above an $18.5M consensus.
- WebMD beat Q1 estimates on the back of 21% Y/Y increases in monthly unique users (210M) and page views (4.25B). Q2 revenue guidance of $145M-$148M is below a $151.9M consensus, but full-year revenue guidance of $615M-$635M has been reiterated.
- Fleetmatics beat Q1 estimates, but also guided for Q2 revenue of $67.9M-$68.7M and EPS of $0.24-$0.26, below a consensus of $69.5M and $0.30. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $281M-$283M and EPS of $1.26-$1.30 vs. a consensus of $288.8M and $1.29.
- Ion, hit hard by declining oil exploration work, missed Q1 estimates while reporting 79%, 49%, and 12% Y/Y drops in Solutions, Systems, and Software revenue. The company expects "an increase in exploration spending over the back half of the year, albeit at lower than historical levels."
- Shutterstock beat Q1 estimates, but also forecast Q2 revenue of $104M-$106M (below a $106.1M consensus). 2015 revenue guidance of $436M-$444M is in-line with a $439.5M consensus.
- Previously covered: Alibaba, Qorvo, SunEdison, MeetMe, Priceline, Teradata, Activision, Gogo, Atmel, Varonis, Zynga
May 6, 2015, 4:19 PM
- EMCORE (NASDAQ:EMKR): FQ2 EPS of $0.00 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $19.05M (+47.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.04M.
Apr. 2, 2015, 12:43 PM
- NeoPhotonics (NYSE:NPTN) discloses it has upped the size of its revolving credit line by $5M to $30M, and used it to pay off a $16M promissory note held by Emcore (EMKR -0.3%).
- The note was given to Emcore (along with $1.5M in cash) last fall as payment for the purchase of Emcore's tunable laser/transceiver unit. It carried a 5% interest rate for year 1 and a 13% rate for year 2; by contrast, the credit facility currently features only a 3% rate.
- NeoPhotonics had $64.3M in cash/investments at the end of 2014, and $58.9M in debt (including the Emcore note). Shares have been on a tear over the last month.
Feb. 12, 2015, 4:36 PM
- EMCORE (NASDAQ:EMKR): FQ1 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $18.4M (+25.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.44M.
Dec. 11, 2014, 5:05 PM
- Along with its FQ4 results, Emcore (NASDAQ:EMKR) announces CEO Hong Hou is resigning. He's being replaced by Jeffrey Rittichier, who has previously served as the CEO of component vendor Xponent Photonics and as the GM of Lucent's access equipment unit. Rittichier takes over on Jan. 3.
- Also: Citing the company's "smaller scale" following the sale of its space photovoltaics and telecom optical component ops, general counsel/corporate secretary Alfredo Gomez and chief administrative officer Monica Van Berkel are leaving.
- FQ1 guidance is for revenue from continuing ops of $17M-$19M (up from FQ3's $14.3M), and a non-GAAP net loss of $1M-$2M. Due to the asset sales, the revenue outlook isn't comparable with a $48.4M consensus.
- FQ4 results, PR